39 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:
G'Day all Smile

I have just signed up my first Black Box Team Albion Autarchs.

Looking forward to having some purpose behind facing the CLPOMB grind of Box Razz

Cheers Smile

Remember to pack your boots!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Will be do and thanks Balle.

Question: am I approved please? Cannot see my name or team in the coaches page?

Cheers

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

You are in.

Games played before you were accepted will still count. \o/.

Good luck

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

howdy all, the followers have stepped back on to the pitch, and a tea management question has been brought up.
do i keep tweek - an ag4, block, sidestep, leap catcher, who is one td from superstar. he is also suffering from a broken collarbone (-1st).
the original plan with him was to keep him and use as a one turner, but i am now in the position of only 10 players and low funds, so tweek will have to start the next few games.
worth it, or liability? he is 120k extra over a linesmen (or merc) if that influences your decision
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If you hand that guy the ball, he would be able to do some crazy moves that no other player would, and win some games for you. My gut reaction is: keep.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
howdy all, the followers have stepped back on to the pitch, and a tea management question has been brought up.
do i keep tweek - an ag4, block, sidestep, leap catcher, who is one td from superstar. he is also suffering from a broken collarbone (-1st).
the original plan with him was to keep him and use as a one turner, but i am now in the position of only 10 players and low funds, so tweek will have to start the next few games.
worth it, or liability? he is 120k extra over a linesmen (or merc) if that influences your decision

Timmy! \o/

I've been finding lately that carrying a few injuries isn't the end of the world, especially when playing an older team in a time zone with lower box traffic. Tight TV management isn't as necessary when you might cut him and end up playing up 250k anyway.

Essentially the question is he worth a wizard? At the moment I'd tend towards yes, as he is the only other viable clean up guy after Big Al pops a ball loose. He also grants a decent OTTD option as you'd already noted. I think that's worth 170k.

The other thing he'll do is attract attention. People love to beat up on gimps. If they target Tweek that might keep some other guy from getting crippled while you build up other players.

Also +Ag at superstar skill level.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

good points raised. i think i will keep him for now, as he does bring a lot to the team. next question is what to take at superstar? +ag or +ma would be awesome, but a normal roll i think it is between sure feet, sure hands, sprint, and diving tackle.

will be the 1st catcher superstar on the followers if he can snag one more td Very Happy
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

dauntless? otherwise taking sure feet then sprint was nice for the Cobras resident catcher

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Autarchs have kicked off their season/ sprint

Matched a rookie Chaos Team Block for Block (40 each) and scored a Kill on a Chaos Warrior. Apothed an SI on a Lineman and otherwise was lucky to just take BHs.

Here's to more Humans in Box Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the way. Kill em while they're young. Before they get big and scary. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is how you should play this matchup, but its how I did: Close but no cigar for the tie.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Not sure if this is how you should play this matchup, but its how I did: Close but no cigar for the tie.

Close run in the end - which is fairly surprising given how destructive he'd been in the early game. I might have gone a bribe instead of the extra apothecary - but then again, I'm loving the fouling game at the moment.

Rerolling the push and going hard for a turn 1 foul didn't work out for you this time. Against a team like that waiting for him to hit the ground might be a better option.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

True, I got a bit feisty at the start of the game thinking that if I could get his numbers down to 9-10 I'd be in prime position. Well, almost got there thanks to the weak link hobgoblins as always.

I really wish I had used the wizard better, but disguising a boom-boom-knockdown play that you hope to convert to a TD is hard.

To be quite honest, humans are developing to be one of my favorite teams. You got a little bit of everything going on and yeah, the availability of boots is enthralling.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

The Sons of Brutus keep improving their score nad establish a solid lead on both the Premiership and the Conference.
No one dare enough to challenge the Double candidate?

First three Premiership positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 46 points (8/6/2)
2. Teutogen Wolves - 18 points (3/0/6)
3. Äkta Människor - 17 points (3/1/3)

First three Conference positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 54 points (12/2/2)
2. Teutogen Wolves - 49 points (10/3/3)
3. Äkta Människor - 28 points (5/2/4)

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod wrote:
Scores update
No one dare enough to challenge the Double candidate?

Just Getting Started Wink

Jump to: