52 coaches online • Server time: 19:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:
Looks like you've dropped any Ogre you had already?

[...]

In related news the Autarchs suffer their first loss.

I lost the Ogre as it's bonecrush-frequency was too low. I'll also admit I'm weak: unable to let go of the catcher just yet.

Be really careful with bancobat's rats, I just saw them rip the WMDs a part in a comprehensive beatdown. Judging from that you're indeed "lucky" to get away with only an MNG.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Is +ma on rookie blitzers worth taking I wonder....
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ack, that's a tough one. Non-double I presume. I've turned it down a few times as a first skill.

If the Cobras were heading to FC then I'd say turn it down. If you were intending to play enough to take a shot at the Premiership this season, I'd also say turn it down.

If you are happy to sacrifice a bit now for a chance to build him up to something a little special over the next 20 or so games then go for it.

Join the Human League Premiership!
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

short term probably no.
long term if you have enough guard and a pomber right now, you can take it as an investment and hope to roll another stat increase or doubles for dodge. only then do i feel it is worth it.
without another double or stat i would rather have mb, po, tackle, guard and stand firm on a super star blitzer, rather then replacing one of them skills with +ma
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback guys. I also have the feeling the 20k Guard cost is a lot better value than 30k for +MA. Had it been a league setting I might have gone with the stat, but it seems team economy is paramount in Blackbox. Went with Guard.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid-season update

Half the season is gone and as expected the Sons of Brutus have a calm sail to both titles. Some minor movements in the podium positioning, but the first Double in Human League history is closer and closer.
A major rewrite of the DYK section is waiting for me, while the Hall of Fame is going to open another room for the most titled team in the HL!

First three Premiership positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 46 points (8/6/2)
2. Äkta Människor - 25 points (3/4/5)
3. Teutogen Wolves - 18 points (3/0/6)

First three Conference positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 54 points (12/2/2)
2. Teutogen Wolves - 49 points (10/3/3)
3. Cathay Cobras - 45 points (9/2/5)

So, who is going to show up in the FUMBBL Cup? The VTS will be there for sure!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

First out of the starting blocks is Average Mediocrity with a day one victory vs some Amazons in game that is already being condemned by Women's Refuge. Well done Timetis!

Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And with what looks like any old match up the Sons of Brutus take honours by being the first human team to reach the exit. What do you mean it wasn't a race?!
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
And with what looks like any old match up the Sons of Brutus take honours by being the first human team to reach the exit. What do you mean it wasn't a race?!

Tough match man, the sad part is that you could not claim you were taken down by some picker in the ranked div...it was a Box chaos team that KOed you in the FC.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Tough match man, the sad part is that you could not claim you were taken down by some picker in the ranked div...it was a Box chaos team that KOed you in the FC.

If I'd played the fireball result a little better or made that 3+ 2+ 2+ for a second TD in the first half it might have been different. And of course nuffle decided to make me regret the bribe instead of babes.

Would dearly love to play and lose to some R pickers from time to time, but I suppose I'll just have to hope for a cross divisional game next year.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I was curious why you didn't foul at all with the bribe? Anyway, it might have been different if you managed to surf that st4 beastman...

Nice try. I think you were by far the best coach at the time, but the chaos roster beat the Sons imo...

(I'm playing some ranked DE elfballers, however it is with my necros, as the Cobras haven't been able to build).
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I got in 4 fouls. Was hoping Hotstone would be back after he got Ko'd, and then I very quickly got to the point where I didn't have anyone to foul with.

nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Premier Predators kick off their campaign on tuesday 06:30 bbtime. up against bigGuy's khemri, one of, if not the best khemri coach on the site. should be a good battle!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
Premier Predators kick off their campaign on tuesday 06:30 bbtime. up against bigGuy's khemri, one of, if not the best khemri coach on the site. should be a good battle!

Nice one, unfortunately I will have to settle for the replay.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Great win by the Premier Predators!
Nufflehatesme, you know that after the SoB loss and the VTS destruction you are the last HLP champions hope?
Keep it up!

Jump to: