35 coaches online • Server time: 12:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is a fluff thing with them being very mobile and strong after roaming through the treetops, but perhaps not so good at the standard stuff. Plus diving tackle could be amusing on s4. And it is like mummies not having general access.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess. It's more like a saurus without G access though, which seems like a huge liability. It's not like juggernaut can make up for it like it can on a Minotaur.

Anyway, I guess the no doubles skill chain just goes Guard, MB, Dodge, BT in some order and Block and Tackle if you can find some doubles. Still, seems really bad for a 100k player when you stick it next to a saurus (which admittedly are undercosted)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 04:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:
Roland wrote:
heyyy, these apes are quite fun, but the lack of block and dodge is disturbing. Should I have started with 4 RR?
I think I'd have to agree after our match. At least a couple blockers somewhere would help the Apes out. Perhaps give them up to 4 chimpanzees? 2 more wrestlers would help balance them a little, and make them a lil tougher against the brutal dwarves.

That's too many positionals. They actually dropped one positional as there were too many.

How is it different to Orcs? In fact orcs are the closest team in terms of positional comparison but they have 4 blitzers
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the school of thought is that Orcs DO have too many positionals! If we allowed all rosters to have this many, we'd have big big problems. This was a general change between 2nd and 3rd edition. Teams were made more specialized, rather than being all rounders.

The reason they have so many (and humans) is that they were considered the 2 most versatile races. Where Dwarfs and Elves specialized at one distinct type of play. Orcs and Humans are the 'jacks of all trades'.

The fact that Apes aren't a world renowned race, suggests they aren't the best bloodbowl players in the world. Yes though, it was a shame the gibbon figure had to be dropped. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

However, when making a new roster, it's best to stray on the side of conservatism.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Too many positionals? How about DE?
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:
My favourite game so far was retiring Garion's team after a 2-2 draw. The best turn of the game was grabbing the ball carrier and passing him from one gorilla to the next till the silverback could blitz in and smash him...

Yeah that was a fun game Smile awesome move watching my ball carrier getting pulled from a couple of squares from the end zone to the middle of the field with all that grab.

I have found them pretty good at the desperation plays as well. Because of their high ma and good ball handling there are some pretty cool moves you can pull off like an elf, obviously not quite as easy but still dooable which is interesting for a high st team.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

ye, they're kind of like your half-elves before you changed them Smile
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The agility strength skill mix is interesting, just like squigs in stunty, means u can get both piling on and jump up on normal rolls, which I'm sure will be done v.soon.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:21
FUMBBL Staff

I've only played them once so far but I found them to be interesting and fun. The only real problems I had with them were related to the icons. Not a criticism as it's a hard job and they look nice, but the chimps and bonobos look quite similar on the field and the Orang Utan doesn't seem to be 'edged' the same way as most current icons so he blends into the field a bit. Not major issues, but I think worth mentioning.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 09:52
FUMBBL Staff

Oh, and a comment on the roster - I got to use Furious George in my game which was ace and he was really useful early on when lacking some of those skills. While selecting him I was wondering what the reasoning was behind using the Human star players, other that just a fill-in as they only have 2 of their own?

I think a poo throwing Bombardier is a must! That'd be ace. Is there a chance to see some use for the dropped Gibbon that mouse mentioned as a star too? I don't know what he was like mind.

I don't know what the Simyin fluff is in BB terms, but thinking along the Ape theme maybe they should have Willow and Deeproot?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Apes on Game Finder now looking for any league team to play against Smile

p.s. if there are only 2 people on game finder, accept the damn game....

Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it's pretty easy to see the difference between chimps and line apes after chimps got darker fur.

I think the Throw-rangutang is too big though, looks ST4.

Chimp is maybe slightly small for a ST3 too but it's not as bad as the Throw-rangutang.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 on josh, I have to mark the chimps with "w" and the oranguntan melts into the backgound (not that I've hired one yet, but played against).
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

btw, I have [L] teams in the GF
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
oranguntan melts into the backgound

Heard that one before, we must have very different colours on our screen.

Thinking about it can you see these numbers:

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: