53 coaches online • Server time: 16:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlodgeyDocker

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

2 many choices to get my simple brain around.

Am somewhere between the obvious MA+ and block, but wanted to see if there was any received opinion on this one.

Thanks

PS. Obviously surehands looks pretty good as well...
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take the +MV, make the fastest player on the team faster.
Assuming this is on a ranked Goblin team.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+Ma

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets roll through the future potential non double skills - surefeet, sprint, side step, jump up, diving tackle.

I'd argue that you should take either the block or sure hands and pass on the +MA just because if he gets more skills you'll run. With sprint and surefeet he become almost a defacto MA 9 with the option for 10 (if you're as risk hungry as I am)

Honestly, I wish I had a surehanded player on my gobbo team and I wish it was the pogoer Sqaumosa because 2+ failed pickups in a row is bad news for gobbos because the other aspects of your team are too unreliable to stash the reroll for a pickup later in the turn (a lot of the time)
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

no way, as a stunty player Ma is the most important thing for your team, you desperately need a way to run away with the ball. Ma+, Sure Feet, Sprint then side step and you effectively have an Ma11 player who can hug the side lines. This is HUGE

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This is for a ranked team, https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=774061

I don't have an agility + on the team. I'm without surehands. I think that I'm taking the movement, but that I will regret it.

In fact writing this I realize I still don't know. If I take the M+ he will get quicker and quicker (skilling), which is great, however this can happen to an extent anyway. Grrrr, skills choice is usually easy =]
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Plenty of stunty teams get by without surehands or +ag but not having to prioritize ball pickup early in the turn due to reroll allows you to get the most of out your blocking game.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Play stunty league, the pogoers get G access on normals Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is for ranked. I just meant as a coach that plays ALOT of halflings and a fair amount of goblins I know Ma is sooo important.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I know this is for ranked. I just meant as a coach that plays ALOT of halflings and a fair amount of goblins I know Ma is sooo important.

For Halflings I'd whole heartedly agree with you. I don't have nearly the experience that you do with them but I hate how they're slower and less armored than gobbos and inexplicably they survive longer too (that might be a function of the glacial pace of skilling I have with them so the team TV is outside the range of real nasties).

If this was a non 10 double, what would your advice be?
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Block if it was a normal double, I agree ag3 stinks, but just keep your fingers crossed for +Ag then everything gets loads better.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bock or +MA. You want to build this guy.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My pogoer took Block on his first dbl skill, and Strip Ball on his second. Now, I'm pretty sure neither of those rolls were dbl 5s, but he's been awesome.

Picking up the ball isn't the problem, it's getting it out of the hands of your opponents. Goblins can have a tough time getting 2d blitzes on the ball, and an especially tough time bringing down blodgers given the likely lack of wrestle or tackle. Strip Ball was a huge factor in the Booterz & Looterz winning XFL Goblin VI.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Bock or +MA. You want to build this guy.

Well, you want sure hands too. But yes. Hell yes.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen to Whatball. Take Block. Nobody gets Block easily on a Goblin team. Gives you a reliable Blitzer, too.
 Jump to: