60 coaches online • Server time: 00:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
5+5 ghoul gets
MA
61%
 61%  [ 22 ]
AV
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Guard
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Mighty blow
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Other double (?)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Skip
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shepherd's pie (now with extra shepherd!)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 36

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a long time since I posted one of these threads. However, I'm fairly new to undead. Having good positionals with no regen or apo is kind of a flaky situation, which means I could use some advice from the pros.

So this guy on this team rolled 5+5 at 6 (well, 12) SPPs, and I'll admit it has me stumped.

On the one hand I already have an MA8 ghoul, but on the other hand, I had 2 before, and now I have one. If I don't get a second, it won't be long before I have none again. And how are you ever going to get an MA9 OTTD ghoul if you don't take all the MA8 you can get?

I could even see the argument of giving AV8 to a ghoul, to turn him into a sturdier marking type, with blodge sidestep diving tackle.

I've seen people give mighty blow to ghouls, and I suppose I can kind of see the appeal, especially blitzing with them will get them killed less quickly than guarding with them will. However, that means blitzing without piling on, which is suboptimal. Don't think I'll go for this, but will listen to reason.

This guy also reached 6 SPPs in the same game; his skill may depend on my pick for the 5+5.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %27, %2014 - %11:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma ftw. Its all good and well having one ma 8 but having another to support him is great, plus they don't last long anyway.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll admit that was my first impulse.
But the 'no such thing as enough guard' mantra also applies to undead, wouldn't you say?

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the camp of no guard on ghouls tbh. Zombies wights and mummies should give you enough.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A tough one.
Since you have roles for two of the ghouls (carrier and ballhawk) the other two would probably be a marker (ss-dt) and a supporter, so my initial thought was Guard.

However, since they don't last long indeed, better take Nuffle's gift, voted +MV

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Guard

Funny, I had you pegged for Mb. I almost wrote 'but I'll listen to reason, Jimmy.'
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't give guard to the squishy player on your team, save that for Mummies, Wights and Doubles on Zombies.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Mb was the LRB4 way. Now there is no point cos u want pomb on a Wight.
Especially on 12 spps it's really easy to get him to Blodge.
If you use them right they can do ok - https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8516555

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
It's been a long time since I posted one of these threads. However, I'm fairly new to undead. Having good positionals with no regen or apo is kind of a flaky situation, which means I could use some advice from the pros.

So this guy on this team rolled 5+5 at 6 (well, 12) SPPs, and I'll admit it has me stumped.

On the one hand I already have an MA8 ghoul, but on the other hand, I had 2 before, and now I have one. If I don't get a second, it won't be long before I have none again. And how are you ever going to get an MA9 OTTD ghoul if you don't take all the MA8 you can get?

I could even see the argument of giving AV8 to a ghoul, to turn him into a sturdier marking type, with blodge sidestep diving tackle.

I've seen people give mighty blow to ghouls, and I suppose I can kind of see the appeal, especially blitzing with them will get them killed less quickly than guarding with them will. However, that means blitzing without piling on, which is suboptimal. Don't think I'll go for this, but will listen to reason.

This guy also reached 6 SPPs in the same game; his skill may depend on my pick for the 5+5.

I see you have already a Ma8 ghoul. and a potential sacker ghoul (the one with wrestle...)
The way for this one, is guard. With 12spp, it should get soon block... (and then side step)
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

On Necromantic I'd say Guard too. With the wolves and wights blitzing most of the time and the Golems quite slow, a mobile Guard is quite handy. Perhaps on Undead it's different, with less blitzers around and (possibly) more ghouls.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

+av for the squishy ghoul.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

+AV is the mind killer!

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA!

If you don't take the +MA you can never get a MA9 ghoul:
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9479873

(ok, that's just gloating) Wink
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top