19 coaches online • Server time: 08:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kud yew do a leeg where der iz a finite pool o playerz fer eech race an posischun, say 100 umie katcherz, 100 umie frowers etc. Koaches build a startin roster az normal but ter buy replacement playerz yew mek a bid an on every Sunday der ighest bid getz der playa. Diz wud stop coaches retirin playas az soon az dey breakz a nail. Mebbe make der numberz reflective o der respective races populatchunz an luv o der game, so not many wud elves an loadz o gobbos. Mite mek people play more unusual teemz an give der unded a genuine boost. Den evry kalanda year refresh der pool. Wotcha fink?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What are they bidding with? Cash from their treasury? That would be a big bonus for regen teams.

Would the bids be secret, or public, with bidding wars?

Would you allow j-men for teams who couldn't afford to replace someone? Elf teams in particular could end up with very few players.

And the pool of players would have to be tracked by the league admin. You'd probably want much smaller numbers of players available. Like 5-10 for average players, 1 or 2 for the rarest, up to maybe 15-20 for the most common. You'd only need more if you got a lot of teams signed up and/or played very long seasons.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I hear BB2 from Cyanide will feature some sort of transfer market... kinda am looking forward to it.. although Cyanide has a history of messing things up... they are kinda unable to think ahead but we'll see Smile
Fortis

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I hear BB2 from Cyanide will feature some sort of transfer market... kinda am looking forward to it.. although Cyanide has a history of messing things up... they are kinda unable to think ahead but we'll see

It would be really interesting if they could introduce some kind of "team mode" like you have in other sports games where you can draft rookies, trade players, etc.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
they are kinda unable to think ahead but we'll see Smile

Actually I won't see, but hey Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
Quote:
I hear BB2 from Cyanide will feature some sort of transfer market... kinda am looking forward to it.. although Cyanide has a history of messing things up... they are kinda unable to think ahead but we'll see

It would be really interesting if they could introduce some kind of "team mode" like you have in other sports games where you can draft rookies, trade players, etc.

The NBFL/NCBB

essentially has this if you are a North American Player or on during NA times
bufafiller

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

His name was Johnny, and one day he came home from school looking so miserable that his mother was worried. “What is wrong?” she finally asked. Out of his trousers pocket, Johnny fished a note from the teacher which said, “Johnny has been a very naughty boy. Please have a serious talk with him.”“What did you do?” asked mother.“Nothing,” sobbed Johnny, “except that the teacher asked a question and I was the only one who could answer it.”“H’m,” murmured mother, “what was the question?”“Who put the dead mouse in my drawer?” answered Johnny.Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
 Jump to: