56 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I have two TT pieces that are on the cusp of gaining their thirds skills. The first is a B/T/MB Wight and the other is a D/SB/W Ghoul.

What skills would you take on a normal roll for each? On a double?

Pretty much set on PO for the wight, but the ghoul is giving me pause. Probably Tackle or DT, unless I'm missing some synergy somewhere else?

Thanks!
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Given your Ghoul's build as a ball grabber/safety, Tackle seems the best fit. Even though the Wight already has it.

Piling On for the Wight I guess. Lame but optimum. Guard next.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the rest of my positionals;

Mummy B/SF/G
Mummy G/Grab
Wight B/T/Strong Arm/Accurate/+AG
Wight B/T/MB
Ghoul D/B/SS/Catch/+ST
Ghoul D/W/SB
and numerous zombies of no consequence

Is a third tackle piece a good fit? I realize it's my sacker and he should probably have it, just don't want to over purchase a skill.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PO. Tackle. Get a third Ghoul for added utility.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Wight I'd take Guard or PO. On doubles dodge if you would have taken guard and Jump Up if you'd have taken PO.

For the ghoul I'd go tackle, doubles he doesn't have any great options, guard or MB are both ok but don't really go well with Wrestle.

Regarding your other skill choices, passing plays should really be left as desperation moves for undead. Your other wight would be a lot better with guard and dodge over accurate and strong arm. The +ST ghoul needed sure hands far more than catch, a 3rd and even 4th ghoul would be good too.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Whether 3 Tackle is too many is something we can't answer, as we don't know what teams are in your TT league. If there are some elves, rats, Zons, stunties, Vamps, Slann, Necro, Undead, humans, the sort of teams likely to have several players with Dodge; then no, it probably isn't too many. If there are a lot of Nurgle, dorfs, Chaos that aren't taking Dodge on doubles, Khemri; then yes, it's probably unnecessary.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
PO. Tackle. Get a third Ghoul for added utility.

You are, of course, right about the 3rd ghoul. I have one he's just MNG currently so not apart of this conversation. He double 5'd on his first skill and I went with guard, which I believe was what you endorsed.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

charlie1331 wrote:
...the 3rd ghoul. I have one he's just MNG currently so not apart of this conversation.

???

After the first few Team skills, Player development does not happen in a vacuum, so after that 1-game hiccup, the 3rd ghoul is as much a part of this conversation as any of the other players.

And as xnoelx points out, League environment is also very important.

Unless you want a no-thought, knee-jerk, rubber-stamp response (which many coaches will give you anyway), always try to include both a full team roster and a list of what teams you're expecting to play.

And your "play style" wouldn't hurt either, if you have one that you're aware of. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2014 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
charlie1331 wrote:
...the 3rd ghoul. I have one he's just MNG currently so not apart of this conversation.

???

After the first few Team skills, Player development does not happen in a vacuum, so after that 1-game hiccup, the 3rd ghoul is as much a part of this conversation as any of the other players.

And as xnoelx points out, League environment is also very important.

Unless you want a no-thought, knee-jerk, rubber-stamp response (which many coaches will give you anyway), always try to include both a full team roster and a list of what teams you're expecting to play.

And your "play style" wouldn't hurt either, if you have one that you're aware of. Wink

Fair enough

I've got one game left in the regular season with this team and then it's the playoffs. My final game is against an Orc squad with both of us tied for league lead in Casualties. After which I will most likely be playing a similarly TV'd Norse team in round one and then the winner of the aforementioned Orc team and a Vamp team. I win that one I get the winner of the other division for the championship. The other division has Khemri, HE, DE, and Slann in the playoffs.

As far as my play style I like to think that I've got the best of both worlds with this team. I can out AG teams that can out bash me, and bash teams that can out AG me. I play accordingly, hoping to get numbers when I can, but also keeping players free if I need to try and score quick.
 Jump to: