22 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzgobdamighty

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

My friend and I are just starting out in Fumbbl. having played bloodbowl on PC and thoroughly enjoyed it we wanted to understand the game better and get more immersed. In Bloodbowl one can do head to head matches on 1 Pc and I was wondering whether or not we could do this here? Can we make different Fumbbl profiles, challenge one another to games and play them using the Java player on one Pc?

Many thanks for your time!
Roland

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

uzgobdamighty wrote:
My friend and I are just starting out in Fumbbl. having played bloodbowl on PC and thoroughly enjoyed it we wanted to understand the game better and get more immersed. In Bloodbowl one can do head to head matches on 1 Pc and I was wondering whether or not we could do this here? Can we make different Fumbbl profiles, challenge one another to games and play them using the Java player on one Pc?

Many thanks for your time!

Sure you can.
You can even do it on the same computer simultaneously in test mode, but that is a little bit tricky fyi:
https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You can technically do this, but you have to have the client open twice. There isn't a 'hot seat' type mode.

Also, playing against friends is prohibited in the competitive R division, but perfectly fine for L division teams, so if you're planning on doing this make sure you've built teams for it Smile

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %12, %2015 - %14:%May; edited 2 times in total
Roland

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

uzgobdamighty wrote:
... we wanted to understand the game better and get more immersed.

btw, this! love that you choose fumbbl to learn more Very Happy
Welcome!
Throweck

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Here you will definitely have the opportunity to immerse yourselves. Fluff it up and watch some of the greats.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick responses!! Awesome! We shall get cracking then!! Yeah we have created teams for L Divisions I think :s. Smile
Buliwyf

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!!! \o/
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

edit: You don't have to be in test mode, and I'm pretty sure even in test mode there's no way to do it in a single Java window.

Did you actually ever try this? Because last time I checked you do have to be either on different computers or in test mode for this. (Which was about 4 years ago.)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 14:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I was pretty sure I had, but now you've made me doubt myself so I'll remove my edit Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: