27 coaches online • Server time: 02:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just started running my own league and I would like to know what I can offer the winning team in terms of a prize?
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Heartfelt congratulations.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I sometimes give "click-games" or a concessions to a winning team in Swedish League.
Only drawback is, players can get killed by a rock.
However, my "prize team" has got low FF, so it's usually a player of mine that gets killed.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing.

You can make funny badges or trophies or something.

Christer is in the process of rebuilding the league format and then he'll probably allow prizes. But it's impossible to tell how long that will take. It could be any time between tomorrow and in 5 years.
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

First turn concession match/matches with a "filler team"
Winnings and MVP, with the risk of a single rock per match
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool to have pro leagues where there are entry fees and money prizes, with a percentage(10% or so) going to fumbbl. Good way for fumbbl to earn money without having to have everyone pay.
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
It would be cool to have pro leagues where there are entry fees and money prizes, with a percentage(10% or so) going to fumbbl.

Real money?
We have some very big flames even now only because of CR and Ladder... I really don't want to immagine if really money enter the issue... brrrrr

It would be nice to have "gold coins and spp/mvp" as prices for winning leagues or the admin of the league being able to freely assign gold and MVPs to a team
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
Real money?
We have some very big flames even now only because of CR and Ladder... I really don't want to immagine if really money enter the issue... brrrrr

It would be nice to have "gold coins and spp/mvp" as prices for winning leagues or the admin of the league being able to freely assign gold and MVPs to a team

Yeah, as a league admin, there is no way I'd ever involve real money. People want to win badly enough as it is, and I already have to make tough decisions sometimes (and I'm not complaining - it's an honour that people care enough about the league!). If real money was involved, it would be a nightmare. I'd need a full legal team!

I'm looking forward to the league changes, which will hopefully mean we can be more creative with prizes. At the moment we run a click-through match to award a free MVP and some gold, which is fine. We also offer some advantages to winners, such as conference champions getting to pick who is in which conference next season. There isn't much more you can do though.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the main issue with league is how you motivate people to join. And no prizes is a serious offturn. For me it's the primary reason I don't play league anymore.
I'm pretty sure real money would help to get members.
Hell, I'd join a league for real money Razz.

But personally, I think controversiality of use aside, making it accessible to somebody from anywhere on the globe would just be too much of a hassle.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use Euro's as the standard currency, there are easy enough ways to exchange money these days. Or bitcoins.
Viewtiful_Jon

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy some of the Trophies that GW used to sell, and post one to the winning player. Physical prizes are easier given in a live tournament but wouldn't be a problem as long as all players are in the same county.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Viewtiful_Jon wrote:
Physical prizes are easier given in a live tournament but wouldn't be a problem as long as all players are in the same county.

Thing is, if I only recruit from my own country (not even just my own language), it kinda negates the point of trying to get members.
happygrue

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The "Fan Favorite" skill is amusing, but it never gets used unless it is as the result of being given away as a prize.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

In long running and fluff-rich environments; badges, buttons and prizes shown in team/player/tournament bios can be motivational.

It would be nice to give out something that can affect the team more though (gold, free player, skill/mutation, resurection etc...).
I find using the first-turn concession 'prize' to break the fourth wall, and also mess with a teams statistics, but atm this is afaik the only way to offer a prize that affect the team.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to be able to hand out equipment to players...
 Jump to: