41 coaches online • Server time: 14:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to have the choice to always pick one of the Hive Mind's two most commen skills?
Yes, it makes team building way more interesting.
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
No, let's keep it straight and always take the most common skill.
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
I'm totally fine with either.
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
I don't like either option.
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Resistance is futile.
34%
 34%  [ 76 ]
Can we assimilate pie? It would make being a drone so much more comfortable...
31%
 31%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 220

m0gw41

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick note about the Assimilation part of the Group Page. We have a list of players killed and they are listed as being assimilated, however it says that certain races cannot be successfully assimilated. Should we therefore have two lists: successful and unsuccessful? I guess for the hive mind to acquire the skills the assimilation has to be at least attempted even if it fails.

Is it worth also keeping a "trading list" of all the cubes spare bodies for turning into positionals? I may end up with 3 ogre bodies and we may want to transfer one in exchange for a troll body for example.

First time I've enjoyed playing ranked in a while.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear! Smile

Well, the exact wording on that section of the group page should be decided by some Star Trek nerds, I guess. Can a being be assimilated without being turned into a drone? Then talking about "assimilations" no matter what player has been killed is fine. Otherwise we should probably chance it to something like "Captives" or the like.

Initially I only wanted to allow players to get assimilated and contribute to the skill pool that could also reasonably be turned into drones. I let that go to maximize the fun (since otherwise you'd end up with Box games that have no "value" for the collective right from the start and in Ranked you'd have to start picking instead of playing a brought variety of race).

I won't install a "body market" on the group page. If FRSHMN, my princess, is willing to do and keep track of it, I'm fine with it. Wink
Nothing keeps you from offering your bodies in exchange or ask coaches/Cubes who have extra bodies in stock for support though. I know PainState has already graciously given away an elf body with nothing in return (that I'm aware of). I won't implement any strict rules on this.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

More player pics for everyone

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Borg add biological and technological distinctiveness, so my take on it would be that players that can be assimilated fall into the biological category and the other players give up their skills through observation/analysis on the field and subsequent dissection to analyse the biomechanics.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The biological entity formerly known as youry was partially assimilated during this encounter. Relevent skills were uploaded to the Hive Mind but the fragile body did not survive the procedure and has been reprocessed for biological material.
thebursar

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 003 encounter #1

Encountered Species:

Vampires, First Contact (?)

Information acquired:

The order of battle of the opposing forces included two types. A relatively harmless type that seemed fragile and a more powerful type. The more powerful type displayed excellent offensive and defensive capabilities and incapacitated our drones several times where they were standing. Several times these powerful entities attacked their own harmless type and removing several. This points to a possible drone-master relationship. Although the "masters are perhaps Borg-like scans indicate virtually 0% of projected succes in assimilating.

Threat assessment:

Medium. They initially removed our drones quickly but this diminished as the encounter progressed. Opposing drone-type seems fragile and prime targets.

This counter-strategy almost paid off, but for a last minute short-circuit in drone four of fourteen.

Assimilations:

None.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 17:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I am somewhat disappointed in the lack of box invasions.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hive Mind Updated!

Dodge is on top of the list again.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:

My team got stuck in a game because you admins blocked my opponent for his naming policy in the middle of a game... opponent isn't exactly around much.. so will take some time till I get to access my team again..

should mention that I can't exactly avoid opponents in box when they pick poor player names.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyborg (ahem) I have 2 teams that need to play BORG (Pact) to fill grid slots. I have Necro at 1620 (+/-410) and Norse at 1810 (+/-890). I know they are very high TV but I wasnt sure how developed some of the Cubes have become.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Lorebass wrote:

My team got stuck in a game because you admins blocked my opponent for his naming policy in the middle of a game... opponent isn't exactly around much.. so will take some time till I get to access my team again..

should mention that I can't exactly avoid opponents in box when they pick poor player names.

If this gets your team stuck, can you not just ask the Admins to unschedule the game because you are not at fault?
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Topic: assimilation / captives / ...

From a point of admin's view as for reasons of simplicity, I would have said:
EVERY killed player is assimilatable...ish, but only SOME are good for positionals (as handled right now).
Would have been more simple and would have set another incentive to play such races like Nurgle that bring crazy skills but no depot material right at the moment.

But this is Rabe's BBQ so we all gonna it what he is cookin'.

Also: glad to see he finally adopted me and made me ...

... PRINCESS of all BORG!!!

\o/
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
Lorebass wrote:

If this gets your team stuck, can you not just ask the Admins to unschedule the game because you are not at fault?

Well, I wouldn't be playing in box if I wanted to get 'out' of the games I don't like.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage, as I said before, I had no idea reporting a team could lead to a running game not being accessible anymore. And I'm very sorry. Wouldn't have reported it at that point.

@FRSHMN: Your welcome, daughter.
I don't like your reasoning. Can't see a way to assimilate undead creatures. Plus, all Nurgle players but the Beast can be assimilated!

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

And I thought all nurgles but the beast CAN'T get ass'ed (Regen-wise). Revolution in Queendom Borg Very Happy

Okay, another argumentation, even more simple:

If you can block it you can kill it you can assimilate it... that's pure science!
 Jump to: