31 coaches online • Server time: 03:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
what now?
retire
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
catch
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
diving tackle
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
jump up
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
leap
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
custard pie
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This skink made legend in 99 games. Unfortunatly, he suffered -av just before that.
With blodge sure hands, he's quite an asset, but his legend roll was normals (alas: an AG would have made him epic).

So, 2 questions:
Should I keep him?
-I'm leaning towards yes. Not having (blodge)sure hands makes you so much more vulnerable to a whole class of opponents (elves and whatnot).

If I do keep him, how to skill him?
catch
diving tackle
jump up
leap

(I left out diving catch and sneaky git, but, well, you know).

All kind of meh options. He shouldn't be catching; he's the guy who picks up.
He shouldn't be marking or going prone: he's an AV6b stunty legend. (but shit happens)
4+ leap on a guy with 3+ stunty dodges? I suppose it might occasionally avoid a diving tackle or pass a defense.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %04, %2014 - %14:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Fortis

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realise that Skinks could take more than two skills.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You are a better coach than I but I would lean towards retirement. No +AG and AV6? It's a tough call.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, first you said -ma in his bio, not -av. Second I think I'd take diving tackle but keep him back from the first line of defence. Use him to cut off lanes behind the initial defender, or as part of a swarm when you get multiple players onto the ball or a danger player.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 12:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep him, cos he's ace. The skill choices are uninspiring though. I think I'd go DT because it's the least useless. Catch is the only other option really, for hand-offs maybe as he's the BC. Jump up on AV6 seems a waste and Leap on a Stunty likewise.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
Ok, first you said -ma in his bio, not -av. Second I think I'd take diving tackle but keep him back from the first line of defence. Use him to cut off lanes behind the initial defender, or as part of a swarm when you get multiple players onto the ball or a danger player.

Oops; fixed, thanks.
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't retire him immediately, he is too vital for Elf games, but I would be trying to skill up a replacement at which point he can be used aggressively. -1AV is the least worst injury for a Skink ball carrier as he shouldn't be getting hit anyway.

DT the skill. Least bad, he can mark prone players. Then when you have a replacement he can be used aggressively and die on the field as he should.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
I wouldn't retire him immediately, he is too vital for Elf games, but I would be trying to skill up a replacement at which point he can be used aggressively. -1AV is the least worst injury for a Skink ball carrier as he shouldn't be getting hit anyway.

DT the skill. Least bad, he can mark prone players. Then when you have a replacement he can be used aggressively and die on the field as he should.

While I'd like to skill up a replacement, skinks with 2 doubles are few and far between. I spose I could just take a SH with no block. =/
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Since he shouldnt get hit anyway, Diving Tackle is not the primary choice. I voted for Jump Up, that means IF he gets hit, he is immediately able to pick up the ball back again.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Soooo much value in blodge ss with dt. And of course keep av is overrated massively
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Soooo much value in blodge ss with dt. And of course keep av is overrated massively

Sure, but blodge ss dt is a perfect marker; add sprint sure feet, sure hands, -AV, and it's a very expensive and brief marker. One you won't want to use if you can help it.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep. Nuffle will tell you when his career is over.

the_Sage wrote:
Sure, but blodge ss dt is a perfect marker; add sprint sure feet, sure hands, -AV, and it's a very expensive and brief marker. One you won't want to use if you can help it.

I have a +Ag DTss'er - I almost never mark with him - as you say, too valuable - so he simply owns the 8 squares around him.

When he's in on Defense he sits behind someone, and if they blitz that guy away, they still can't get around this one.

And if need be, as a Blodgestepper he's intimidating solo.

It's ~less~ useful than a disposable DTss marker, but still very useful.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Went with diving tackle. It'll get him removed from the game on occasion, but at least it won't be as useless as the others. Thanks for the advice.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right that it kind of didn't matter what skill you chose, they are all situational and could all be useful depending on finding yourself in those situations.

I might have gone with jump up or even catch just for the odd times you'll get mileage out of them, but sure diving tackle will occasionally be useful as well.
 Jump to: