61 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: I'm thinking of giving the leader skill to my thrower > https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=787958

...and getting rid of one re-roll = that would be like saving 80K, lowering my overall TV and making the team more efficient overall. Is that how people do in general ? Or is it the idea of the year ? Or is it simply a crap idea ?

Thx for your help, as usual ! =)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the general idea, yes. You have to calculate whether the team would be better with a proper skill or the garbage skill (I'd ban it before PO personally).

This is the type of coach we're creating now. 11 man team with 750k in the bank, doing whatever he can to minimise his TV. It's a crying shame what has happened to this game.

For full effect you need to sack some of your skilled players and take rookie linos only. Your team's distributing the skills far too evenly.
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I thought that was the idea to distribute well... I read it somewhere but maybe did it only concern elf team ? Or a former version of the game ?
Regarding the leader skill well, yes: if it allows me to play the same team against teams with a TV that is lower of 80k than those I am playing now I'd say it's a good gain ! I'll put pilling on on my Blitzer instead. Would you agree with that choice ?
Thx for your advice ! =)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's the idea. I followed Tarabaralla and took Leader on a Kroxigor once, it was awesome.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Not because I want to encourage it, but just to be exact: you will save just 30k.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What is Tarabaralla ? =O
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't listen to Harvestmouse. Wink

To be a HLP Big Dog you need to keep that TV over 1600.

You'll need a serious team to face down some serious foes.

Don't listen to all that 11 man nonsense. Skills can come in handy. Just in case the player doesn't die on the line of scrimmage. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you calculate that OenarLod ?

A re-roll is worth 100k, a normal skill is worth 20k, if I get rid of One Re-roll (minus 100k) and add a leader skill instead (+20k) don't I lower my team TV of 80 K ?

Koadah, how do I join the Human league stuff ? Is it just about playing at your best in box, over 1600 TV ? If so I'd like to join !
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The reroll only adds 50 TV. Essentially you are saving 50 TV but losing a skill.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

A reroll is only worth 100k to buy after creating the team. They're still worth 50k on the roster.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nabolo wrote:
How do you calculate that OenarLod ?

A re-roll is worth 100k, a normal skill is worth 20k, if I get rid of One Re-roll (minus 100k) and add a leader skill instead (+20k) don't I lower my team TV of 80 K ?

Koadah, how do I join the Human league stuff ? Is it just about playing at your best in box, over 1600 TV ? If so I'd like to join !

Ah no. The RR costs 100k but only counts for 50k in TV. So you are only saving 30. You'll also be even more sorry when the player leaves the field. Wink

Sign up a human team here to be part of the gang but as long as you are playing humans in the Box those games will be recorded.

Someone has to stop Dunenzed winning again. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, then leader might not be the best idea... Any suggestion then, for my human Thrower ? (now that I've opened a topic... ^^')
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not keep the RR and take Leader if you want to? You're approaching the sort of TV where I like 4, anyway.

I like Leader on a young team, your cash is best spent on filling up on positionals if you can get the safety of Leader through a Thrower. Later, the Leader pick is more questionable. Here, I'd sack those injuries and spend some of that moolah!
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nabolo wrote:
Ok, then leader might not be the best idea... Any suggestion then, for my human Thrower ? (now that I've opened a topic... ^^')

I'm not saying don't take it. My guy was fortunate enough to roll dodge & +AG. Wink

Purplegoo wrote:
Here, I'd sack those injuries and spend some of that moolah!

Would you still fire them if you were going after the HLP title?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

K, I went for Leader, thx for your help ! And I joined the Human League stuff, althoug I've no idea how it works... I'll just play in Bbox normally and it'll get updated, right ? ^^'
 Jump to: