57 coaches online • Server time: 16:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

SF will be even more irrelevant Jimmy, PO gets you to the next skill faster and BT makes your team more mobile than elves. You just need rerolls to make good use of them. Also 6 ogres is so much better than 5.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I think that Brogres are like Gobbros in that the best team is a starting one.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Brogres best team is snotlings only with Morg, wiz and brick n grotty induced. lame .......

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 15:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Need updates!!!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The stud men will return in 2015!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Five games to go. Currently 3rd place for ogres, but could get to first with better than 3 wins and two losses!

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2015 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I think now I would take SF on the brogres. Guard is fairly irrelevant, BT is very rarely used and PO, while fun, is usually only used sparingly

Sf is probably the weakest choice of those 4 for ogres!
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon Break Tackle is the single most important skill to have on an ogre team. On all Ogres. That and Block if your lucky enough. Having said that I find PO is best as first skill, then Guard or BT next. Once an ogre has all 3 he is useful. Once all 6 have all 3 they become semi-competative again, and by that point you will probably have at least one Block and Tackle.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Boom! The boys are back in town with a 2-1 win vs Lizardmens!

I didn't play great but got a bit of luck when it counted which was nice - really happy to snap that losing streak and 4/3/5 doesn't look too bad.

Arnie(PO,BT) skilled up but only rolled another normal. Meh. I think I would sack him if I had another BT guy so maybe I should have given that to a rookie.
Happygrue the Leader Snot got a TD so I think Surefeet for him.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

SF is great on him.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is surely worthwhile. Making it harder for opposition to 1db you. Sacking would be bizarre though I'm amazed you have so much treasury. Though some claw could cut down on that at any time.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2015 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard him up!

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2015 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah I fail at brogres. 2 losses in a row 0-2 and 1-2. The last game I feel I realy could/should have won but got bad dices at the worst possible time.
I played for fun a lot of the time with PO instead of BT or SF and I did lose focus a bit in various matches. With a lot of effort and decent luck I reckon 60% win is well possible but I'm only 4/3/7 now. I'll probably finish this up tomorrow night.

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %09, %2015 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2015 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

First time always hurts, as the Greeks say Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2015 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Bah I fail at brogres. 2 losses in a row 0-2 and 1-2. The last game I feel I realy could/should have won but got bad dices at the worst possible time.
I played for fun a lot of the time with PO instead of BT or SF and I did lose focus a bit in various matches. With a lot of effort and decent luck I reckon 60% win is well possible but I'm only 4/3/7 now. I'll probably finish this up tomorrow night.

This is the truth. In order to win with the stunties and ogres you need a certain amount of luck (or lack of failure) and to play really well to capitalize on any mistakes your opponent makes. Sometimes you just lose no matter how you play, but I think playing them improves my coaching because you have to both play a great game AND still sometimes think outside the box with crazy plays to even have a chance. It's a tricky thing and there is zero forgiveness for mistakes in most cases.

Jump to: