53 coaches online • Server time: 23:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I just started a game and was (wrongly) under the impression that I had 100k in my treasury. I already had 60k available (from the TV difference) and decided to boost this to 100k for a card and a babe.

As I only had 90k in the treasury, the system transferred 90k, without warning me that I did not have enough for the amount I entered. Had I received a warning I would have transferred nothing and just used the 60k.

Would it be possible to get a warning when the amount you enter is more than the amount available from the treasury please?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Neutral
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse, please please please stop trolling.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually, a bank lets you borrow the money and then taxes you on a more or less monthly basis. That would be a realistic solution !
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard Dirty Cranberries are planning to open a bank. Perhaps you should check it out.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

Pots, kettles and pans, Jimmy!

Wouldn't this come under team management? I mean this is a coaching mistake.

I appreciate that the rules do not cover situations like this, as the online environment is very different to TT. However, you should be aware of this sort of thing, and if you aren't surely it's a 'my bad'. Right?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

Pots, kettles and pans, Jimmy!

Wouldn't this come under team management? I mean this is a coaching mistake.

I appreciate that the rules do not cover situations like this, as the online environment is very different to TT. However, you should be aware of this sort of thing, and if you aren't surely it's a 'my bad'. Right?

I don't see anything in my post that suggests I don't believe it to be my mistake. I accept it's a mistake, I did not check my treasury before entering the game.

However, everything else in the game can be done from the 'game' screen, so would it not be a fairly simple request to give the information on the treasury on the same screen, without having to flick between the game screen and the Fumbbl Team Management page?

I would have thought it to be fairly helpful for everyone. If I enter 100k on the extra cash page, is it such a major disaster for the system to say 'You do not have 100k'. Hell I would even prefer if I entered an amount I do not have for it to just take it as zero.

Yes, it was my mistake, but I do not think the most logical thing for the system to do is ignore my amount and take the balance of the treasury? Hence why I posted an idea.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno; if it were me, I think 'that's my bad, I've made a mistake and lost out'. I kinda miss some of the articulate choices made during the pre-match, that seem to be missing now. However to be honest I'm not overly bothered, I made a not so committal face. Though I must have attached a line to it, as I got dragged in.

Personally, I like to see homework rewarded. I.e. knowing exactly what you have and spending it correctly. Here you haven't done that and have been punished. I think that's fair, but maybe you have a point and I'm just reminiscing over times where good coaching on all accounts was rewarded.
akaRenton

Roland wrote:
I've heard Dirty Cranberries are planning to open a bank. Perhaps you should check it out.

Mine all mine. It's only 7.82mil, nothing to spare...

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Cavetroll

Doesn't the inducements screen show the amount you have in your treasury?

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to block people on the forums?

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:

It certainly used to. I'd assume it still does, but I never really look closely.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:

It certainly used to. I'd assume it still does, but I never really look closely.

Same here. That might be the problem ☺️

harvestmouse wrote:
I dunno; if it were me, I think 'that's my bad, I've made a mistake and lost out'. I kinda miss some of the articulate choices made during the pre-match, that seem to be missing now. However to be honest I'm not overly bothered, I made a not so committal face. Though I must have attached a line to it, as I got dragged in.

Personally, I like to see homework rewarded. I.e. knowing exactly what you have and spending it correctly. Here you haven't done that and have been punished. I think that's fair, but maybe you have a point and I'm just reminiscing over times where good coaching on all accounts was rewarded.

Yup, it was my mistake. Not really an issue for me and it will not have a long term affect on the team. I will unlikely even make the same mistake again, as I tend not to make the same mistake twice.

I also miss the days of more team management, with players out for 16 games, mightly blow 4, toughness 2, spellcasters and the like.

However, I didn't just make the post for my benefit, I was trying to improve things as a whole, for existing players and new players to the site, who might be helped by things like this.

The team in question was the Slime Barons, who rarely have cash issues as they keep getting given free Rotters. They just happen to go about cash crazy on Wizards during the FC this year.
Cloggy

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Is there a way to block people on the forums?

If only......