19 coaches online • Server time: 05:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is Matt (and I'm not totally averse to the idea btw), people could just as easily say the same about other races. Take Khemri for example - the box is a really nasty place for them, very very hard to get a good record with them because their TGs can take 30 games+ to get their 1st skill sometimes, and even die just as they get that first skill, so when you hit 30 games with Khemri they start getting matched up against teams with HUGE TVs while they have barely had time to develop at all. So to play devils advocate, why not introduce a rule that gives Khemri a buffer of 50 games where the rest of the teams get a 30 game one.

Or you could say Elves I want to play 150 TV down every game, because they are better if they are exactly 150 TV down than they can ever be through team building.

and so on and so on....

One thing to keep in mind though, because of the new scheduler - flings and gobos with a lot of games will get matched against much higher TV teams if you keep your tv down, because of the amount of games they have played. So you can make stunty teams that abuse inducements if you really want to.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Matt - your idea works for gobbos and flings but would make it even harder for brogres. They could maybe get a modifier the other way around.

Why harder?
An Ogre team TV 1000 would be matched vs a TV 1100 team.
That means either 1 extra reroll or 1 wandering Apo or 1 bribe or 2 cards or 2 babes.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Well I was talking over 10+ games. However, with the latest scheduler, it seems to me that the best way to play them is at 30+ games, when you can get games with a big enough TV gap to give you inducements. Because, contrary to your statement, not all their games would be at the same TV.

I agree that the new scheduler is better than older, the problem is that you have to suck it up for 30 games before being able to trim heavily your TV (by dropping 2 rerolls or some skilled players) in order to get inducements.
I'm looking forward to do that, the problem is that playing for 30 games with Halflings at a disadvantage makes them less attractive.
Maybe stunty teams should have a protection enabled for 10 games, instead of 30 games like now.

xnoelx wrote:
Still, if you (as one of the CR-fretters you're using as the target audience) already play them without the modifier, then there is no need for it.

People played in the Box before the last scheduler change, the point is that if I can play a stunty team with a better scheduler I'm more inclined to activate them often.
xnoelx wrote:

I just don't find those teams unplayable. I've had a record sprinting with stunties at least as good as I have with elves, for example. Playstyle is definitely a factor if you find them unplayable.

How many matches is a sprint?
By the way 31% Goblins, 26% Halflings, 21% Ogres don't look to me as playable win rates.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %23, %2014 - %19:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

16 matches in a sprint. And you probably wouldn't have to trim heavily, normal losses and the nature of the box would probably do most of the job for you.

And those win rates, as I said, are around the same level as my win rates with elves. And my overall win rate is lower than yours. Context is relevant.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The problem is Matt (and I'm not totally averse to the idea btw), people could just as easily say the same about other races. Take Khemri for example - the box is a really nasty place for them, very very hard to get a good record with them because their TGs can take 30 games+ to get their 1st skill sometimes, and even die just as they get that first skill, so when you hit 30 games with Khemri they start getting matched up against teams with HUGE TVs while they have barely had time to develop at all. So to play devils advocate, why not introduce a rule that gives Khemri a buffer of 50 games where the rest of the teams get a 30 game one.

Or you could say Elves I want to play 150 TV down every game, because they are better if they are exactly 150 TV down than they can ever be through team building.

and so on and so on....

One thing to keep in mind though, because of the new scheduler - flings and gobos with a lot of games will get matched against much higher TV teams if you keep your tv down, because of the amount of games they have played. So you can make stunty teams that abuse inducements if you really want to.

I'm talking about stunty teams only.
Tier 1 teams don't need any help, they are reasonable good as they are now.
Stunty teams, as we know, need inducements to have a chance.
I know that stunty teams with 30+ games can trim the TV and get inducements, 30 games with a stunty team are a torture, though.
10 or 15 games would be better for stunty teams in my opinion.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Garion wrote:

and so on and so on....

I'm talking about stunty teams only.
Tier 1 teams don't need any help, they are reasonable good as they are now.
Stunty teams, as we know, need inducements to have a chance.
I know that teams with 30+ games can trim the TV and get inducements, 30 games with a stunty team are a torture, though.
10 or 15 games would be better in my opinion.

The point is though, why give stunty teams a buff when there are other crappy teams about as well like Khemri who are far from T1.

Also after 15 games you do start getting drawn with tv gaps of 200. - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3612940

I would rather not have to play that game mind you, as it was a complete waste of time. Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

The point is though, why give stunty teams a buff when there are other crappy teams about as well like Khemri who are far from T1.

Because the stunty teams are far worse than Khemri, according to tier, design, and win rates.
Khemri can win above 60% in the Box without being played by a supercoach, while having a 60% win rate with a stunty team is way way harder. Very Happy
Garion wrote:

Also after 15 games you do start getting drawn with tv gaps of 200. - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3612940

I would rather not have to play that game mind you, as it was a complete waste of time. Razz

At least it wasn't vs a clawpomb team. Very Happy
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri are T1 without a doubt, even if low T1, at least in the Box (personal feeling confirmed by statistics).
Now that a lot of people dislike decay is different.
bigGuy

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Khemri can win above 60% in the Box without being played by a supercoach

Your statement is correct only in 1600TV and below.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Luckily I haven't seen many Khemri teams much higher than that in Box Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri don't seem to be that bad

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

You can win at 1600 TV too.
Staying at 1600+ TV for long it's unlikely, so it's not a problem.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

If you go in the specific like that i can find you that almost every race is unbalanced below/between/after a certain amount of TV Twisted Evil
And it's not even true hehe, Norse for example are much worse than khemri after 1600 (39% against 49% for Khemri after 1600)
bigGuy

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Luckily I haven't seen many Khemri teams much higher than that in Box Wink

I have 5 Smile
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Khemri don't seem to be that bad

Absolutely, people dislike decay and love to build super team so they dislike Khemri (and also the fact that it's not a good tournament team).
 Jump to: