66 coaches online • Server time: 18:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

-) A warning tone once you get past 3:30 min.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

OTS wrote:
Would love to be able to have admin authority of teams in my league. Add cash, change player skills etc.

Related/prerequisite: 'closed-world leagues' that allow you to enable the settings currently used for tournaments for all one-off games between its members.

I also really like the 'accessible chat' suggestion. I don't mind irc, but do mind that it's gone mostly dead by now. =(

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just continue work on [L], we are so waiting it!

Let league admins give extra inducements or gold to spend on inducements for a specific team of a match-up in their tournaments.

Moreover, let a Ranked challenger to set a custom amount of "handicap" gold for the opponent. Currently, you can't challenge a Halfling team with your Dwarfs fairly at any TV, which makes this match-ups very rare.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a few ideas...

Custom rosters, obviously. This should be highest priority.

1. The Groups page needs an overhaul. Today there's no way of telling if a group is a league, tournament or metegroup. There's also way too many inaktive groups listed PLUS somehow the page is devided into two tables (why?). Sure, we have the Join League page, but that's a wiki and needs to be edited now and then.
Suggestion: Divide the page into categories.
- League
- Tournament
- Meta-group
- Open league(?)
Then have some way of tracking if a group is active. Perhaps check if there is X number of games played last year.

2. [L] needs more cross referencing:
A) For example, there is no way of telling what League a team belongs to unless it is stated in the team bio. It is possible to see what teams are members of a group though (in the group member tab).
Suggestion: Show what group/groups a team is member of in the team page, with a link to the group.
B) There is no way of telling what League a specific match was played in, but it is possible to see what matches were played in a League (Tournament).
Suggestion: Edit Match report page to show what group and tournament the match was played in.
For example: "This game was played in HUBBA 1, season XX, round Y" with a link to that league tournament.

more to come...

Last edited by Roland on %b %19, %2015 - %10:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
I would like to see the RRR and the XFL becoming 'mixed' division tournaments.
Can't see the reasoning behind them being just for Ranked, one is for rookie teams only, the other is race specific.

Actually this would be my request as well. I think exclusively keeping these two in Ranked limits the types of teams. Plus an XFL Chaos Box division, would severely reduce the rostered players for the likes of us who don't use them much. Wink

I would like to see a North American only Championship tourney in Ranked or Box. Its not about avoiding the Euros, it's that Id like to watch more Majors in my time zone and its few and far between at the moment. An All North American/ Sputh American tourney would be a lot of fun once a year. We could stretch that to all British tourney or all Aussie tourney. Anyways just my thoughts. Smile

Jeffro
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Secret League
2. Retired teams deleted with names freed up.
3. A way to see who has listed you as a friend. I know there are some out there who have listed me, would like to return the favour.

Last edited by DrPoods on %b %19, %2015 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My Suggestions are from a league admin perspective.

1. Fully customizable rosters as is currently being worked on.

2. More scheduling options (other than round robin, KO, etc) with the ability to do a manual schedule.

3. The ability for league commissioners to manual alter teams as is done in the NBFL. So we can add treasury and fan factor as rewards as well as the fan favorite skill.

Thanks Christer.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

3. Some way of keeping track of deadline easier. Now I use notes to know which one is next.
Suggestion: some kind of calendar for scheduling.

4. A) Double Round Robin option, just like regular Round Robin, but each team meet each other twice in a season. (Swedish League came up with it in a workshop).
B) If not possible, make tournament tables fully editable, not just the "Score".

5. Make the sorting of tournament tables editable, today it's hard coded. I'd like to change it in Swedish League, because we have other tie breakers. Also make it possible to sort by "head to head" (inbördes möte).
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Beyond repeating others re: League love, is it possible to have a collapsible folder effect for our teams list? (that is probably very badly expressed)

example:

+ Ranked:
+ League:
- Stunty:
.... Team A Pygmy 1000tv etc
.... Team B Chaos Fling 1400tv etc
+ Blackbox:

Hope that makes sense...

from a personal front I would like to turn my supporter badge back to gold again soon too.

Thanks for everything you do to allow me to escape RL as much as I do.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
OTS wrote:
Would love to be able to have admin authority of teams in my league. Add cash, change player skills etc.

Would be very good! I have to second that.

+1 for that...

would help me greatly in running more leagues of the kind I envision...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

More League options, if possible.

- ability for league admins to edit teams/award special players/prize items, without need to ask fumbbl admins.

- ability for double round Round Robin (i.e. home and away seasons).

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

wouldn't your oppponents get rather sick of that bell?

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Dominik wrote:

wouldn't your oppponents get rather sick of that bell?

1.) Stop being rude
2.) The tone should be heart only by the active player of course, if he has enabled the option.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

6. A "beep" function to wake opponent up if unannounced afk too long.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

The vast majority of coaches don't take an ice age to play a turn, so this is a feature that would be largely redundant