40 coaches online • Server time: 14:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on the Pump Wagon...
Leave it alone!
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Remove No Hands, add Extra Arms
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Remove No Hands, AG2
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Anyways, why cant we have our "Harder to win with" teams? Snots are like Norse! without block, G access and even less AV!... oh rite... WAGONZ!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:51
FUMBBL Staff

WhatBall wrote:
I really don't want group icons, they look tougher than ST1, especially with other Stunty icons.

The "mob" is all of the Snotlings on the team, plus others who accidentally join. The idea is that there are more than the 16 man roster allows, so there are always extra spares, versus a mob being a group of Snots as a sinlge player.

From the Handbook:
Snotling Mob
Being so small and difficult to count, Snotlings are often able to field more than the legal maximum of eleven players per side. This is likely unintentional, but with no one on the team able to count above three and random Snotling fans wandering onto the pitch from the stands it is impossible to keep track of them. As such, no matter how many Snotlings their competitors injure, another one seems to replace them.

The Goons are designed to give the team a bit of help if you can skill them with Blockle. here is their description:

Snotling Goon
Even the weakest races have their bullies. Being endowed with strength and ability slightly above useless, the Snotling Goons are able to enforce their will onto the rest of their race. On the pitch they are too stupid to realize this superiority doesn’t extend to any other players, bar the occasional Brownie.

Ah right, my bad. I was under the impression that the regen and the 2-heads were there to represent multiple snots per square. I can understand why you don't want group icons though. I tend to use Stunty Leeg Central rather than the handbook. Is there a reason they have 2-heads over titchy then, like the goons?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:53
FUMBBL Staff

WhatBall wrote:
I added a poll.

The poll ate my fourth option. Sad

4. Fill the Pump Wagon with PIE, sell them during the game to offset the losses you are going to incur by playing Snotlings.

How do you add polls to other people's threads! You're like a stunty ninja! Razz
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

They originally had those stats before Titchy was a skill. It was debated back and forth, but this set of skills stayed. It does the same, without robbing Snots of TZs, making them even worse. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

@Lorebass: WAGONZ! This isn't a buff really, just making Snots even zanier.

@mister__joshua: Stunty forum admin. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I also forgot Nerves of Steel, which would be interesting as well for catching bombs or a pass if coaches are crazy enough to try it.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 19:58
FUMBBL Staff

WhatBall wrote:
They originally had those stats before Titchy was a skill. It was debated back and forth, but this set of skills stayed. It does the same, without robbing Snots of TZs, making them even worse. Smile

Ah right. It does make them better, I agree. But it makes less sense especially as the better snots have no TZ Razz

And yeah, I guessed on the admin thing. It was merely a jest Very Happy
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2015 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's kund of ironic if they go from no hands to extra arms Very Happy
Just sayin :Lol:
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok without playing devil's advocate here are a few points.

The original premise was that they were a group of players and thus got the 2 heads/regen combo.

The idea being that you could knock one out, but there's another there in it's place. In fact there's another in your pocket stealing your wallet and and isn't that another tying your shoelaces together GHAAARRR.

Old old titchy had existed, so maybe the combo was meant to replicate that, but with the 'multiple Snotling' fluff. CnB will probably able to answer that.

I was a strong and vocal supporter for keeping the 2 head/regen instead of going to titchy, it was debated. For both Mr J's and Whatball's fluff reasoning, which aren't that different or opposing anyway.

The reasons I was in support being:

1. I dislike changing good ideas that already exist.
2. It's good and fitting fluff.
3. And most important; it makes an original/player team unlike anything else. Titchy can be put on another team easily.

As for the icons; the old icons used to be multiple snotlings per square and they were terrible (well not terrible but much worse than they are now). Whatball has done a really really good job with that icon, and I wouldn't touch it to be honest. ST 1 icons generally are inferior to ST 2 icons because of the size, you just can't get the character in there of bigger icons. So to make them a group icon, you'd really need to downsize the icons like they were before and you'd lose the character they have.

The idea of making them like Mr J made them wouldn't work either, as the size is misleading. It looks like a Snotling swarm from Warhammer, and swarms ain't St 1. You could I guess do 1 slightly behind the other (that wouldn't be clean), or with 2 heads (but that may mislead the reasoning for 2 heads).

Also remember the fluff (Mr Js based on the swarm/Whatballs based on old BB).

The fluff I see it is like this. When the game starts a horde of snotling rush onto the pitch. The referee tries to count them, but is lost. It's unclear how many there are exactly and everytime he tries to count he gets a different number. However, there appear to be 11 'areas' of players and that will just have to do, there's a cream tea convention I need to be at by 5.

When he tries to count a player, he counts just one and sees one (ok there's probably another 2 hiding behind that one and another making a nest in his cod piece) but when you look at a player area, you see just one, as per the icon. He's having enough problems with those blasted wagons anyway! Which also seem to be shedding and gaining players....."Snotlings...I'm having it put into my contract that I'm allergic to the 'snot' and unable to ref a game with them again!"
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 12:11
FUMBBL Staff

That's cool. I understand then the justification for single icons as each must appear as one snot. This is the original icon right? Image

Still doesn't quite work for me that the goons are single players, and titchy is makes them worse than the mobs. I'd like to see them with the same regen+2 heads profile. Also DP over DT, but that's less likely Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
It's far better than the alternative (a snotling)!

Is it better than a snotling? I mean, price aside even. Both get knocked down more or less immediately, but the snot has some small chance of not getting sent to the KO box every single time, and at least you can do something with the snot other than turnovers.

Quote:
And if you're worrying about min-maxing, you are definitely playing stunty wrong.

I'm worried about things working the way they're supposed to. A player that almost invariably gets knocked off the pitch immediately, after doing approximately nothing, seems like it prrrrrobably wasn't designed that way, no?

I mean, is the KO box "fun" now? What they got in there, board games?

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think snots need the early diving tackle, too easy for s2 stunties to cage break with 2d on the BC otherwise. Early on gnobs can carry with s2 players and fae can more easily stay out of reach with their pixies. I don't want my G access players fouling either, they should be blocking stunties.

Agree with all of HM's points, don't tinker with stuff that works!

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 13:01
FUMBBL Staff

I agree about not making changes for the sake of it. I just like the image of a gang of snots kicking the crap out of someone Very Happy

Regen and 2 heads on the G Access players would be quite a boost though.

I do understand ahalfling's point too - str4 is easy to target when all you need is a knock down to take it out. Maybe there's a justification for making it a smaller version of the skryre doomwheel, but that's quite a big change.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yup that's the old icon, for me the new ones are infinitely better. Without wishing to knock our icon making forefathers.

I think the reasoning for the Goons, was that they replaced 'Snotling heroes' In that snotling and hero were as much akin as flying and whale. So goon replaced heroes. A snotling hero was indeed a particularly large, heroic fierce snotling that was indeed one player. Therefore no regen (as there was no snotling to take his place) no 2 heads (no snotling looking behind him) and titchy because well....he's titchy.

That said as they're no longer heroes and goons do tend to travel in bully packs, so I personally see no reason why not (regen/2heads/remove titchy). I do like the idea of having a whole regen team together that has an apo too. I don't think it'd be a massive boost....regen/2heads over titchy on the positional. It may help with what I see as one of their major weaknesses, getting that ball from the back of the field to a cage, very hard that with Snotlings.

I play a Snotling/Troll team and they're pretty tough (in that they don't take many casualties).

I think maybe we need a full titchy team, it probably would have to be with diving tackle. Albion fae seem to be the glaring choice though. Snotlings have this 2 head niche.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarification mouse. I think the stories are all very much like the Snots themselves, hard to keep straight.