22 coaches online • Server time: 08:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on the Pump Wagon...
Leave it alone!
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Remove No Hands, add Extra Arms
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Remove No Hands, AG2
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

GiovanniRippattoni

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2015 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,
Nice there was started such an inspired discussion.
Here are my 2 cents after reading the different ideas:

1) pump wagon
I personally like the idea for the ball (and bombs) catching and carrying wagon. Gives the game an intersting new change.
My original thoughts were to give the waggons more time on the pitch and protect them better. The ability to catch bombs would help. But only if bomb hits the wagon directly it get the chance to catch, i am not sure this helps much.

2.)splatta wagon:
Someone wrote he or she sees a similarity between pump wagon and the skyre doowheel, so do i. St 4 is in my oppinion not enough to protect the wagon of going down and get k.o.ed or worse. Is there a possibility to keep ball and chain (what is cool cause it makes playing snotlings so chaotic) but going down like a normal player, not sent off automaticly?

3.) Goons:
I am not sure in which direction they could changed best. There general skill access is nice. Perhaps i play them wrong cause the dying so fast (ok, its stunty...). DT is pretty nice, but marking players with them accelerate their death. Perhaps making them better ballcarrier would be nice. Giving them regeneration would be a buff too.

4.)Trolls:
There s another thread about some changing about big guys in stunty. Removing loner of Trolls is in discussion. I am undecided about that. Sure would make them better, but on the other hand they re trolls, they are loner.

Finaly i want to say, that i really dont want to change the charcter of the team. Snots are mad little idiots and trolls are stupid hungry creatures. The team should be a team that suprises you and your opponent. But i think even with a few changes they would be a team for pros and masochists.
Helping the wagons staying on the pitch for a longer time causes more mayhem and more fun for everyone.

Greetings,

Gio Mad Mad Mad
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pentalarc wrote:
I stopped activating mine when I completed their line in the stunty grid, though I'm wondering if everyone else has also, since I can't find them for the opponent line of the grid. Smile

I activate them (with not luck btw .. usually end up playing the slaves or the nurglings instead) .. and I see PunkSnotDead doing it also in my time frame, guess your usual time is snot free. Feel free to drop me line if you want and I'll be happy to help you with it sir.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 00:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the comments on this thread I thought I'd create an alternative Snotling roster, just for fun.

The Goons swapped titchy for the Snot profile, and switched Diving Tackle to Dauntless. They also dropped to 0-2
The Pump Wagon lost No Hands and gained Extra Arms
The Trolls lost Loner
The Splatta had the biggest change and swapped Ball & Chain for Dirty Player, Juggernaut and lost G access for S as a balance.

I also added a bit of fluff.

Note: This is just for fun and I don't expect it to be considered as a suggestion. It's too many changes in one go. I just thought I'd gather the suggestions in one roster and see what it looks like Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

The Goons swapped titchy for the Snot profile, and switched Diving Tackle to Dauntless. They also dropped to 0-2
The Pump Wagon lost No Hands and gained Extra Arms
The Trolls lost Loner
The Splatta had the biggest change and swapped Ball & Chain for Dirty Player, Juggernaut and lost G access for S as a balance.

I really like your suggestions, except maybe the changes in Goons...It is because they are what works best in team XD
Dauntless would be cool but... only 2...
(I need more Goons no less) Laughing
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me know how you find the Pump Wagons. We'll give it a try for a while, seems like fun.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 19:37
FUMBBL Staff

And the aye's take it 15/3

\o/

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Few words: snotlings are completely unplayable in tournaments bec of bombs on ball and chain and they completely suck against strigoyan and all other races with mighty blow piling on general access players.
It's something which is a nightmare since crp. Originally snotlings were designed to cause the most damage of all races and then somehow in some way score with their ridiculous linemen. Now they are far away from being the most harmful race and this makes snotling a tier 3 race if you weren't lucky to get block tackle on all of your three trolls.
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Let me know how you find the Pump Wagons. We'll give it a try for a while, seems like fun.

I´m sure without No hands + Extra Arms they´ll be more fun... And I like it Very Happy
But the main problem is his fragility... against bombers still are absoluty useless, I think. (& there are too many bombers here Wink)
Snotlings are funny, indeed; but we have to ask ourselves if we make them more playables... In this sense, I dont think much fixed, is the truth.I think a good improvement would be to add some movement to the team, maybe for Goon, maybe some type of snotling "runner", I really don´t Know. But again, the cars need is to resist, in my opinion.
Wink

Last edited by PunkSnotDead on %b %10, %2015 - %22:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Few words: snotlings are completely unplayable in tournaments bec of bombs on ball and chain and they completely suck against strigoyan and all other races with mighty blow piling on general access players.
It's something which is a nightmare since crp. Originally snotlings were designed to cause the most damage of all races and then somehow in some way score with their ridiculous linemen. Now they are far away from being the most harmful race and this makes snotling a tier 3 race if you weren't lucky to get block tackle on all of your three trolls.

I didn´t play any tournament, but I´m agree. They can hurt a lot... With too much luck (wagons&trolls)
Stab is another nightmare for snots! Confused
Pjj

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2015 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

As a really minor comment, snotling mob player profiles default to male but I find neutral is a better fit!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Pump Wagons are now slightly less vulnerable to bombs. XArms and NoS means they will catch 1 in 3 bombs that hit them directly, and be able to throw back most of them, although probably inaccurately. Not guaranteed safety at all, but some chance is better than none...

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 16:56
FUMBBL Staff

xnoelx wrote:
Pump Wagons are now slightly less vulnerable to bombs. XArms and NoS means they will catch 1 in 3 bombs that hit them directly, and be able to throw back most of them, although probably inaccurately. Not guaranteed safety at all, but some chance is better than none...

They didn't get NoS because WhatBall was failed by his Poll Razz
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

They did. Look at the EC game that's on now...

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

But Pump Wagons cannot pick up a ball, still they can catch a bomb?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Pump Wagons can pick up a ball. Now. They have XArms and NoS. The change has been made.