18 coaches online • Server time: 06:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is my understanding correct that teams are allowed to play up to 3 games between the Qualifiers and the main tourney? That would be the same for winners of the qualifiers and second place teams, I guess.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For winners of each bracket, and second place teams, make sure you apply your team to the main Exploding Cup group @ https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=8345

Note: All teams must be readied. No post-game phases. Drawing will be done a little bit after midnight server time tonight.

--j

ImageImage
GiovanniRippattoni

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just two questions to make sure i got it right:
After midnight today and we applied to the main EC group, we re allowed to make up to 3 games beside the Cup?
Or do we have to play the 3 regen matches before the drawing at midnight?

Greetings Gio
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 15:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
For winners of each bracket, and second place teams, make sure you apply your team to the main Exploding Cup group @ https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=8345

Note: All teams must be readied. No post-game phases. Drawing will be done a little bit after midnight server time tonight.

--j

4 of the qualifiers still have games left to play so it's perhaps a little premature...?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

@Gio: Typically all of your builder matches have to be completed and your team 'Ready' prior to the final draw. Once the draw is made you're locked into playing your EC opponent.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't believe the Exploding Cup allows any builder games before the main draw. It is a rookie tournament. Check the rules or with Shadow or you may be barred from the finals.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

From the rules: "The winner of each of these qualifiers will gain an extra MVP and be admitted into the prestigious final tournament as long as they play no more than 3 games after playing their qualifier final."

Although I agree it would probably be better if they weren't allowed.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang,

As ever, I’ve had a terrific time in the Exploding Cup. Not sure I like Forest Goblins much, but still, well organised, well participated, excellent Stunty madness.

I’m popping in because I was wondering, does Stunty miss a trick here? Both of the previous two years, I’ve come away from the EC having enjoyed myself and resolved to play more in the Leeg. Then my team hangs around on gamefinder for a (long) while, then I accept the first game that pops up (‘It’s Stunty, just play, it’ll be fun!’). Team destroyed in a lop sided game, will to try again fades until the next time the EC rolls around.

I wonder if there might be space in the calendar for some sort of EC ‘survivors’ tournament? Some sort of formal way of funnelling the extra interest everyone being on a level playing field creates? An open round robin, or a KO, or some way of retaining coaches? I suppose I’ve not come up with an ideal format, but you know what I mean: enjoyed this? Do that next!

Anyway, just an idea. Well run as ever, Shadow et al. Good luck to the finalists!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 18:51
FUMBBL Staff

WhatBall wrote:
I don't believe the Exploding Cup allows any builder games before the main draw. It is a rookie tournament. Check the rules or with Shadow or you may be barred from the finals.

Is the draw definitely tonight then? There's still 6 qualifying games to play and a couple of groups aren't decided
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If shadow says the draw is tonight, then expect it tonight. He is the man for tourneys.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2015 - 20:08
FUMBBL Staff

Fair enough. I thought this may be a concern as some of the entrants may not know if they've qualified. Not me though, I'm definitely out Very Happy
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2015 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I did announce how the tournament worked a month ago, when the tournament started. While I get people on here having short attention spans, if they've forgotten...well.. Wink

--j

ImageImage
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The finals are set!

In an interesting turn of events, the finals will have one bye. Apparently, several of the second place coaches got lost on the way to the registration kiosk by the pitch, and their teams were not entered into the final drawing. As such, 6 second place teams were accepted, along with the nine qualifier winners.

Congratulations go out to the winners of each qualifier bracket:

Congratulations go out to the second place teams that made it to the finals:

Good luck to all!

One last note to all...this year's tournament has been fantastic! Everyone involved has played out matches to the bitter end, regardless of whether they were the first place team, or the last place team, and it's been great to see such an awesome turnout.

Kudos go out to everyone who participated this year!

--j

ImageImage
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Shadow.

And great - we get a rematch against our last round opponents who cost us the top spot in qualifying! Bloody typical; when you are trying to fill the stunty grid, you get 3/5 matches against squig herders.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2015 - 11:28
FUMBBL Staff

Thanks for running it! Again, the EC proves to be immense fun and my favourite FUMBBL tournament. I kinda agree with goo though, I never seem to carry it over into regular Stunty games. I've played a few recently, but it fades as the year goes on. I don't know how to change this, but it's something to think about I agree.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: