46 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjj wrote:
xnoelx wrote:
And the first game of this year's EC is live now!

Arcon cleared the pitch in a very stunty match!

What should I say? It's been, well, stunty.
Glad I signed up for it. Was my first Stunty match after almost 8 years... Very Happy
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tantibus wrote:
Yea, now I know why no one picked nurgle. Playing the most unbalanced team I've ever seen.

I have 2xstr5 then nothing but ag 2.

Goblin cheaters 2xstr6 2x chainsaws 2x DP and kick and ag 3.

And..... your weapons don't get sent off after the kick off.

1st and only game, never again.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Their ST 6 players are Ball and Chain and their weapons have a chance to get sent off. Nurglings have players with Extra Arms which effectively gives them 3AG to pick a ball up. They also regenerate and they have two Beasts of Nurgle to hold stunties down. Nurglings are a good team. You're the one with the problem.
GronxWild

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

True
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Tantibus I understand the frustration from the game but you can't really judge the whole roster from that. Your opponent got a blitz on the opening kickoff to you and caught the ball. You then failed a 3 die block with a beast almost immidiately. That is not the roster that is Nuffle. Any team would have trouble after that.

As to you being the only coach taking them Nurglings while good are fairly weak at the rookie level. (Sounds like Nurgle) You have mass AG2 which is a clear issue. The roster is a good one overall though. You have Beasts who are amazing in stunty because tents are golden. You have regen so you have a better chance of a full roster late in games and keep your skills long term. Finnally you have mutation access which is awesome. It mitigates AG2 as you can take Extra Arms and Two Heads. You have prehensile tails and tents to hold opponents and horns and claws to take them down. Your Beasts even have Mutation access on normal rolls.

The big thing here is outside of the Beasts your advantages show up as your team develops. This leaves you lacking at TV 1000.

Also its a Swiss tournament so you have not been knocked out and have at least 3 more games left. A loss doesn't kill you either. 3 of the qualifies were won by a team with a loss last year and since 7 2nd place teams advance you still have a shot.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2015 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty is all about the attitude, ...having a good one. Suck it up and enjoy the mayhem. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be great if cheater nation would announce prize to the winner this year.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2015 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon. Very soon.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It would also be great if the last tournament's prize was awarded.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Stunty is all about the attitude, ...having a good one. Suck it up and enjoy the mayhem. Smile

My first opponent gave up on about turn 2. I shouldn't complain - I now have an early raptor skill up Smile
albinv

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you still taking applications?

I reckon its way too late but it doenst hurt asking.

I have zero chances surviving the first round. So im the perfect prospect?
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't particularly looking for an argument, I'll leave it at I was hoping to enjoy the tournament more than I have so far.

Good luck to all.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
It would also be great if the last tournament's prize was awarded.

In all fairness, you did take forever to choose. Wink

I cannot award it, Christer has to. I will look into it.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I cannot award it, Christer has to. I will look into it.

Look at mine too while you´re at it Smile
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Tantibus wrote:
Wasn't particularly looking for an argument, I'll leave it at I was hoping to enjoy the tournament more than I have so far.

Good luck to all.

You don't like Nurglings because you play them all wrong. Your Beasts are not blitzers. They are there to hold your opponents players down. You move them into a good position and then you leave them there, holding as many 2 St players down as you can. You blitz with your Plaguebearers. You also don't do 2 AG dodges all over the place. Dodge when you have to. Don't throw 1 die blocks unless you have to, either. You play the team poorly and blame the team and your dice. You should've done some research before picking a team and certainly before joining a tournament.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hate to keep going on about it, but has it been confirmed that it is four rounds of Swiss yet anywhere?