35 coaches online • Server time: 11:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What a total crapper. This just proves there are too many elves picking away in Ranked. Everytime I greenlight one these teams in the future I am going to seethe with anger when they will not play. I guess this is the perfect tournament for elves to participate in.......

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
What a total crapper. This just proves there are too many elves picking away in Ranked. Everytime I greenlight one these teams in the future I am going to seethe with anger when they will not play. I guess this is the perfect tournament for elves to participate in.......

This is the perfect tournament for your biggest team. The cap of 64 is intended to make sure you enter something big. Skating in at the bottom for inducements can work but only if you don't miss the cut. Why not enter the dorfs you have that *would* have made the cut? I didn't enter my Slann because I didn't think they would get in... because it was pretty clear it would be tight!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:

The GLN will investigate, stay tuned...

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

A tourney that actively discourages minmaxing, sign me up! Oh wait, I'm already in Very Happy
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Noooooooooooooo....
I knew it!! I didnt have time for a final prep-game with Crossdressers, and was 20 tv short. Damnit!
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just some stats for the Light Qualifier:

Number of elf teams: 20
Average number of games: 52
Team having played 50 to 74 games: 3
75 to 99 games: 2
More than 100 games: 1 (272 games)

Average percentage of games versus elves: 29,81%
9 teams are under 30%
2 teams are above 50%

Average percentage of games versus other races viewed as "soft" (Stunties, Vamps, Slanns, Rats): 19,6%

Average percentage of games versus soft teams (elves + the races quoted above): 49,41%
10 teams are above 50%, including 3 teams above 75%

---------------------

Not much to say about those numbers. Some of those teams should be banned IMHO, or at least receive a big warning, but I was expecting much more picking. What disappoints me the most is the overall youth of the teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Just some stats for the Light Qualifier:

Number of elf teams: 20
Average number of games: 52
Team having played 50 to 74 games: 3
75 to 99 games: 2
More than 100 games: 1 (272 games)

Average percentage of games versus elves: 29,81%
9 teams are under 30%
2 teams are above 50%

Average percentage of games versus other races viewed as "soft" (Stunties, Vamps, Slanns, Rats): 19,6%

Average percentage of games versus soft teams (elves + the races quoted above): 49,41%
10 teams are above 50%, including 3 teams above 75%

---------------------

Not much to say about those numbers. Some of those teams should be banned IMHO, or at least receive a big warning, but I was expecting much more picking. What disappoints me the most is the overall youth of the teams.

And a lot of those numbers that those teams played against those "tougher" races were in their first 5 games where the risk is minimal (retire and move on if the game is a bust) or they played teams, that were WELL down in TV or they played against a team that was having trouble. There is no doubt a lot of those teams do not belong in a major.

I honestly hope they get smashed to oblivion. Yeah, I am bitter. I got bumped in the first round of the last major by a far superior claw pomber and now I don't get to play because my team was not as cool as picky elves......
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What in da heck is going on with the Amber qualifier?

We had a nice theme going on down there...humans, lizards and slann and then some stupid dorf team showed up and ruined it for everyone!!!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Scheduled SMACKs are a good way for bashier teams to get games in between Majors.
However, try to get into one about 3 weeks before the Major draw is made.
Numbers were down this week, but I expect SMACK participation will increase next week now that the UI is going.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3661386

Fleetfoot's Revenge are out, but leave intact and with their heads held high.

"A great match and one my best performances in my opinion. Having got to a point where it looked like we would have the chance of a coin toss, it was very disappointing to then see Indijuno's final shot in the locker succeed due to a sudden burst of great dice. Nevertheless, I'm still really pleased with how I played, particularly in the 2nd half and overtime when the odds seemed stacked against us. A really fun game though and gl in the rest of the tournament."
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Arr we der only gobbos in der tawny?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Arr we der only gobbos in der tawny?

Only 1 goblin team can win the tournament, so 1 is enough, right? Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A Smack in da Face! are out in round 1
IndiJuno

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Malmir. The Spine-eaters make their debut at their first tourney...
Qaz

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3661386

Fleetfoot's Revenge are out, but leave intact and with their heads held high.

"A great match and one my best performances in my opinion. Having got to a point where it looked like we would have the chance of a coin toss, it was very disappointing to then see Indijuno's final shot in the locker succeed due to a sudden burst of great dice. Nevertheless, I'm still really pleased with how I played, particularly in the 2nd half and overtime when the odds seemed stacked against us. A really fun game though and gl in the rest of the tournament."

Now am I sorry? Naaaaaaaaa! You are a great coach and if I want to ever have a chance at catching up in major titles I need to win more and you need to loose. I crave the day you can watch my tail lights. Smile

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
 Jump to: