40 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea how pro elves with 1 reroll and no blitzers are going to fare, but shadily named 2 stars 1 blitzer are going to go for it with TWO elf star players.

I hope blodge leaper ag5 will win games.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit

Iam now leaning towards the Ogre 4X PileOn roster

but

my hang up is the double: Snotling: DirtyPlayer, PileOn or MightyBlow?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely DP.

I have never tried with a Snot, but a Fling with MB or PO but no Block kinda suck. And Snots need one more assist to get 2d...

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely eldril for a star for elves for some hypno action?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Snot with DP will be put out of action pretty early, better to use the double on an ogre. Get Nobbla and foul with him, or just foul freely with all snots, I reckon.

My record for rookies Ogres is pretty good; I may give this a shot.

Sarduk, gobbos could take block as a double, but then miss out on the HMP bomber, which is super awesome, and probably deserves a dedicated Bribe
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz, I like your Human build but I would swap Block on Ogre for Guard on Lineman. Typically you don't get to choose doubles on a big guy for a reason in tournaments.

I would like to see a skilled Halfling coach take Deeproot and Morg as only BG and Chef for TRR's and staff. Having 2 Block Halfling flinging Big Guys is something I would fear as an opponent.
Still ridiculously expensive though.

I would personally enter with a boring Dark Elf team with 1 babe inducement.
4 Blitzers (MB)
2 Witch Elves (Wrestle, Block)
1 Runner (Leader)
4 Line Elves (Kick)
1 TRR
Apoth CL + AC

I am considering if taking dodge on one blitzer is better than kick. But still being able to put the ball where you want is something I like with Elves.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

What are people's thoughts on Varag? He's been my favorite BB player since the original board game but I've never used him. He's good but awfully expensive.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
What are people's thoughts on Varag? He's been my favorite BB player since the original board game but I've never used him. He's good but awfully expensive.

In this format you could fit him into the team:
4 blizer
4 Black Orcs
2 linemen
2 rr
Varag

That's actually a pretty strong line up; only question would be where to put the skills. Maybe 2 x tackle blitzers and 2 x block black orcs; guard not needed so much with 5x st4. Dodge on a blitzer for a ball carrier maybe. Or make Varag your ball carrier and forego the double for another block or MB or DP.

Weakness is, only 11 players, and 2 rr, with no sure hands.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As I am currently trying to get a grip on Wood Elves. I would like to know if any other inducement than a babe would be worth it?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Angmarred wrote:

In this format you could fit him into the team:
4 blizer
4 Black Orcs
2 linemen
2 rr
Varag

That's actually a pretty strong line up; only question would be where to put the skills. Maybe 2 x tackle blitzers and 2 x block black orcs; guard not needed so much with 5x st4. Dodge on a blitzer for a ball carrier maybe. Or make Varag your ball carrier and forego the double for another block or MB or DP.

Weakness is, only 11 players, and 2 rr, with no sure hands.

That's sort of what I was thinking. You could turn a bob or blitzer into a Thrower to get the sure hands since Varag is a s4 blitzer he can cover for either. Or give sure hands to my ball carrier blitzer.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

OK here's the most broken roster I can think of:

Amazons

4x blitzer 360k
4 x linewoman w/block 200k
1 x linewoman w/leader 50k
1 x linewoman 50k
1 x TRR 50k
1 xcheerleader
MORG 430k

Basically give ball to Morg and let your 8x blodge do the rest
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait to see it!

Some really fun stuff here. Expect some 'Picks to watch' action as we near the off...
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Is fun just coming up with teams, never mind he tournament! Only problem for me is making my mind up.

Undead

2x Mummy 240k
2x Wight w/ tackle 180k
3x Zombie 120k
2x Skelly w/ dirty player 80k
1 x Ghoul w/ block 70k
Count Luthor 390k
1 TRR 70k
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 15:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know whether to keep rosters as a secret surprise or just throw ideas out there, but this thread seems fun.

I'm currently torn between 3 ideas;
-One is a dual saw goblin roster with 3 bribes. This would be loads of fun!
-The second idea is a Human team with Zug and an Block Ogre.
-Thirdly, is a throwback to 3rd edition, an Undead team with the Count. Can only get 1 Ghoul and 11 players with a single re-roll, but still. It was so great back in the day!

Edit: Also PaddyMick's Zons are evil! And we came up with the same Undead team! Very Happy
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My 1.1m crazy dwarf roster was Deathroller (160k), Troll slayer (90k), Runner + 2 blitzers (240k), 6 blockers (420k), Boomer Eziasson + Flint Churnblade (190k). With these rules, this roster almost becomes usable - I can drop 2 blockers and the slayer for 2nd runner, reroll, and bribe. And still give the deathroller diving tackle! Awesome!

Khemri can go silly as well: I figured this out for RttNAFC. 4 TGs (400k), 7 skellies (280k), Sinnedbad + Hack (200k), and 3 rerolls (210k) comes in at 1.09m... so you could upgrade/drop a couple of skellies for positionals.

And how about this for a wolf-friendly necro roster? 2 werewolves (240k), Wilhelm (240k), 2 wights (180k), 7 zombies (280k), 3 rerolls (210k) is exactly 1.15m Razz