17 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Coaches whose names I won't say for fear of breaking the rules but that start with Purple are too awesome for organising so many tournaments on this site. You've been shamed!

Oscar Wilde
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=647379

What about Name and Threatening?
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Note: there are special cases no one will complain about.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Naming and shaming will cause negative thoughts about a person, if he is guilty or not... prejudice ftw

look at the airbus-crash... that co-pilot was probably really sick... now the world knows him as a stupid suicide-killer
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How do we know he's not just a arsefaced gobbo who happens to be named Zed? Wink
coombz

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the rule serves as a handy way to stop back-seat adminning and "burn the witch!" trial by mob type affairs

however i strongly feel that we should be able to talk amongst ourselves about who the 'nasty habits' coaches are, so that we can better avoid them and have a more enjoyable overall experience on FUMBBL

That's Trailer Park Life.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Look, name and shame is the wrong term as it implies wrongdoing on the oppo's part which is not what I am on about, but if you have had an unsatisfactory (define by your own parameters) experience then surely you should be able to discuss it as adults?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz wrote:
I guess the rule serves as a handy way to stop back-seat adminning and "burn the witch!" trial by mob type affairs

however i strongly feel that we should be able to talk amongst ourselves about who the 'nasty habits' coaches are, so that we can better avoid them and have a more enjoyable overall experience on FUMBBL

That is what IRC chat is all about guys.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Look, name and shame is the wrong term as it implies wrongdoing on the oppo's part which is not what I am on about, but if you have had an unsatisfactory (define by your own parameters) experience then surely you should be able to discuss it as adults?

In all seriousness, with whom do you need to discuss it with?

Everyone? An Admin? Your opponent?

Name and Shame usually implies bringing something public which is better kept private. If you were upset about actions taken in game, or language used in chat from your opponent then you can report that to an admin and have it dealt with there.

Bringing it to the attention of everyone usually just leads to threads which get locked pretty quickly anyway.

Now, my opinion is different from most admins, I'm not worried about vehement disagreements in the forums, nor am I overly concerned about language used or posters attitudes. However, I don't run this show (thank god right?), so you, I, everyone has to accept the norms decided upon.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

But your thread is titled "Name and shame".

You can bitch and whine as much as you like as long as you don't name the opponent. Mr. Green

No one is stopping you from bitching and whining.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Why can't we?

???

Have you met the internet? Rolling Eyes

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Because naming and shaming turns into insulting, and every body here comes to enjoy the game. It is bad enough the admins have to endure verbal abuse, no need to create an environment where it is allowed to verbally abuse any one because you feel like it.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread will get locked due to hurt feelings.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the worst thing a coach can do on here, that is NOT a rules violation?

I think the rules are pretty comprehensive and if breaking them gets reported, let the admins deal with it. No need for naming and shaming, and it's good that it's not allowed, imo. There is a grey area as to what constitutes N+S, but again, let the admins deal with each case.

Big ups to the admins, doing a great job, thanks.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 03:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ I name Woodstock all the time. And I'm a-shame-d to play with Kryten.

We use this to keep the environment of the site as healthy as possible. Therefore we stomp on anyone who is trying to wreck the fun with icky words. And by healthy environment I mean the forum and blogs, since that is the topic of this thing... I think.
 Jump to: