103 coaches online • Server time: 21:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is 14 deads in 16 games...
too little for lowly Skavens!
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
the usual day at the office.
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
just suck it! Blood means blood, not flowers!
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Play another race with av9+!
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

Nahkahiiri

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I have been playing a few seasons in OBBA-league with a Skaven team. Currently I have played 16 games (this my 3rd season) and my suffered casualties are 24/7/14 which means I have cleaned 14 dead rats (3 were loners) from the pitch after the game. I haven't played much BB (less than 100 games), but I think 14 deads is a bit absurd in 16 games. Even for a AV7 team.

I did fine during the first season, but since then it's been quite painful since I constantly have 2-4 loners in my roster before the game. Income is what it is so it's hard to get more rats when I average almost one dead rat each game. Smile

However, I'll keep going until my team is full of loners... Smile Or I get back on my feet and one sunny day I can hire my first regular player to warm the bench.

My team: SV Vermin Bremen
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=753828
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Based the average i'd say that's very unlucky. However you could be giving up too many blocks. Take a look at how many blocks you are taking per game and then try and reduce it, would be my advice.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at your stats you give up way more blocks than you make. On average you're taking more than 43 blocks a game, and handing out 30'ish. With squishy armour and developed opponents you're going to lose a fair few rats. However that is an unlucky number of deaths rolled on the case dice.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Your opponent did 52 blocks last match (47 to the lizardmen 3 matches before). This means more than 3 blocks each turn.
This is TOO much. This means you left average 2 players in contact each turn (2 block + 1 blitz)
It could happen in SOME TURN to need to mark some players, but 52 are really TOO MUCH

As an example, my last two league match with skaven, my opponents made 35 and 31 blocks (Dwarf and Orcs)

If one of your players is in contact with a MB opponent, dodge out... it is better to fall down for a failed dodge than for a MB block
If you've a prone player near a strong opponent, and it is not absolutely necessary for the match to stand it up, leave it prone, expecially if it's a line that cannot help very much and cannot dodge away easly

As a general rule, if you're playing against a basher, you do not have to concede more than 30, 35 block in the entire match, 40 if it is a strange match with some unusual situations

52 is far toooooooooo much
arry

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you count the blocks? Manually during the game and during watching the replay?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a game statistics button in the top left on games.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

And stats are shown summed at the bottom of the individual stat-lines on any game page.

Here, the Khemri outbloocked you 80:41 (80?! Shocked ) and out-fouled you 6:2. With those stats, I'd have been surprised if they hadn't won. Confused

If you're giving up 80 blocks a game (average of 4 + the Blitz/Turn), yeah, you're allowing too many blocks. Law of averages is going to catch up with you and knock players off the pitch, and many of those will be permed/RIP'd.

Also, once that ~starts~ to happen, it happens more and more in a game - the "snowball" effect. A couple too many of your players get knocked down, so they can't help next turn, so more get knocked down, and then you lose position and your oppon can bash away as all you can do is stand back up and take another or risk the dodge away.

If you want to see if the deaths are unlucky, count* the Perms and MNG's as well - you should have about as many of each, and as many of those together as BH's.**

(*This is another stat shown on a Match Report page, listed as "Casualties: BH's/[MNG's+Perms]/RIP's" on the line below FanFactor changes.)

(** When a player suffers a Casualty, roll of 1-3 = BH, 4 = MNG, 5 = -stat Perm, and 6 = Death)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %02, %2015 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
arry

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen the match results page a hundred times, but didn't notice the Blocks column.

That Khemri game... what can I say, I suck at BB. Very Happy

(There were six turns of overtime and free bribes, mine was worse.)
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

(cross-edit - see addition above)

A large part of it is just practice, raw number of games you play (win, lose or draw).

There are a couple tricks to not getting the snot blocked out of you. Give me a bit and I'll try to address that properly.

Nahkahiiri

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answers! I know that I need to reduce incoming blocks, but... I guess I need to try harder and dodge out more often. Smile
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot - fastest way to scan your Casualties is at the bottom of the team page, next to "Games Played" and the team W/T/L record - "Casualty Diff".

If you want a game-by-game breakdown, hit "Show Matches" - there's a column, "Casualties (against)".

So, first let's be clear on what the math "should" be...

When armour breaks*, and the Injury Roll = 10+, there will be a Casualty.

(* On 2d6, Stun on 2-7, KO on 8-9, Cas on 10-12. Skills like MB & Stunty change the % to get a Cas, but NOT the "severity" of the Cas. See CRP p. 11.)

When the Injury roll says that there is a Casualty, a simple d6 is rolled* -
    o 1-3 = BH
    o 4 = MNG*
    o 5 = -Stat/Niggle*
    o 6 = DEAD

(* MNG & -Stat/Niggle also have a d8 involved, for variety and specifics. See page 25. They are also lumped together in the Game Stats.)

Nothing modifies that d6 roll. So - those are the odds, and over time the distribution should be close to that: 50% BH, 33% {MNG/-Stat/Niggle}, and 17% Dead.

In your 14 games, you've had "24/7/14"* - a total of 45 Casualties, with 53% BH, only 16% "serious", and a whopping 31% Dead, almost twice the expected rate.

So... YES! This team has been distinctly and inarguably unlucky.

Now, you're ALSO taking too many blocks, which is leading to 3 Cas/gamne average - but that's a different discussion. Wink

AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'm still taking more blocks than this guy is, Smeat, but I haven't had THAT many rats die, I don't think... Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

One dead or retired linerat per game is about average once you get past 1500tv. Against rookie teams? Pretty much bad luck.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Check any of my Skaven teams. Almost all of them are from .5-1 death per game suffered. It's not unusual per se, but it does reflect some of the choices you make in game - skaven linerats are a hot garbage fire in August when it comes to keeping themselves on the pitch. Gutter Runners are a high priority target if your opponent has skills to take em down.

One the propensities in this game is that if you suffer early CAS, you don't have nearly the same options to mitigate later ones in the game.
Nahkahiiri

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the analysis Smeat. I hope the statistic will even out in time so I might have a chance to get a "healthy" team some day... And my TV won't be raising anywhere near the 1500mark any time soon if the dead rate doesn't change. Smile
 Jump to: