55 coaches online • Server time: 18:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Lizardmen coaches

I would like your opinions on the potential application of +AG Saurus.

Bloat or Useful?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If he has block and dodge already, ag+ surehands, breaktackle. First or second skill perhaps not so much.
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you intend to enter a high TV major, very useful. Eventually you'll want to make him into a ball carrier to protect from those pesky Leap Strip ball elves that punch your skinks. At low TV it ball hogs, doesn't do much else and slows the spread of spps to other sauri... Long term, keep; Short term, bullet.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The counterpoint to Provos post, is that most of the time with ag1 players, you tend to score the skinks instead. Its a nice excercise of teambuilding to TD the sauri (but rather hard wo dodge and breaktackle, if the oppo is left on the field).
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried it. I didn't like it. I prefer to have the extra bulk up front rather than trying to shore up a weaker front line with skinks.

But try it for yourself, it might suit you better than it did me.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

As an early skill, either on the Saurus or the team, risky - needs at least Block first (altho' Ag 2 can skill faster than normal). Sure Hands is a no-brainer. Break Tackle too (which is why Blodge first would be money, besides the obvious).

But if he has only Block, far better than a dodge-only Skink at taking a shot.

But you have to be good at position - you'll only be starting w/ 5 Sauri + Krox to protect and advance the ballcarrier.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Kammo22

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Take +AG and pray for another. AG3 saurus can really chance the way you play with lizards.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah take it, you never know you might get another +AG later on. A sure hands AG3 Saurus with other usual skills like Block Dodge would be a sweet ball carrier. Even AG 2 is actually not terrible odds if you have sure hands (75% chance IIRC). Though obviously don't do it if the opposition can get to the ball if the pickup fails.

I imagine not taking it and then rolling another +AG would make me feel really shitty.

DLE College 7s
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As clear a case of bloat as you ever gonna get one. Not useless.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

then sure hands and you have a strong ballcarrier
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, hope for a second +AG and surehands and you've got someone who can get the job done.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

AG2 ball carriers are really nothing out of the ordinary, Khemri know this, CD know this.

It really comes down to how comfortable you are with the decision. The immediate problems are that he has no other skills (I'm assuming he's a rookie?). You need block and you want sure hands and break tackle and dodge on any double.

Even with him being able to score more reliably than AG1, you can't really use him as your ball handler out of the gate because he's just too easy to stop. You are sort of forced to use him down field and have skinks hand off to him.

Well not forced, but depending on if you're playing more to win or more to build you may meed to adjust your style.
 Jump to: