28 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@ licker: I believe it's right on the 92% thing:

(5÷6×35÷36×35÷36)+(1÷6×35÷36×5÷6)=0.92

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Since this is a human thread, what would be your second double be for a Blitzer that has the following skills: Block/Dodge/Guard/Grab

Should I take MB instead? Or go for Sidestep?
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Never,EVER take sidestep on a human blitzer.

You have standfirm on a normal roll which is just as good.

Now this guy is Blodge, his second double is diving tackle and his 76+ roll is Stand Firm.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

Sounds like a good plan, since he's not going down the killer route. Although I must say that Side Step is still great (with Guard and all) and I'd probably take it instead of Stand Firm should he roll another double.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread inspired me to start a ranked Human team, but rather than do it Rat's way, i'm going for max-max, harvestmouse approved, 16 player roster (eventually). Also putting more effort into the fluff than I usually do. So far, undefeated, but have had games vs stunties, no real bug tests yet. Forgot how much I like playing the race.

http://shadowstalkers.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=801723

Just need to bribe someone to do a logo now Smile
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Awww, I like that concept!

How about including some Wrestle? Throwers that don't carry the ball like Wrestle (in my opinion), as well as a Catcher dedicated to sacking - and linemen can make the team benefit from it, too.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I decided not to take doubles on my blitzers, except for jumpup on ones that already have piling on. I figured that I'd never have enough dodge to consistently avoid the opponent's tacklers, so I might as well let all their tackle be dead TV. If I ever enter them into a tournament, I could see myself going to 16 players (though whether I'd add linos or catchers, I'm not sure). I think for humans to have a serious chance at unforlorning, they need to roll a oneturner (a single MA on a catcher could suffice).

PaddyMick wrote:

http://shadowstalkers.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=801723

What's this shadowstalkers bit?

I'd prioritize scoring with blitzers; getting each of them to 31 SPPs asap is a big deal imo.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a fan of cultivating blodge on human teams, those extra rerolls can really help relocating your position allowing you to elf more reliably against the bashers.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The catcher died, so I got an ogre. Seems to work.

One of the AG4 blitzers did too, but I got another one in the post game, in typical salat fashion.

It's a fun team to play for a change of pace, or to play lower-cr coaches and self-handicap. I don't yet feel comfortable playing them, and my 2 ag blitzers is sort of an elf team in disguise anyway.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The more I play humans, the more I wish I had SF instead of SS on my blodged up elves.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

<nods>

Those who believe "Sidestep > Stand Firm" but who have never played with SF should try it. Really.

I thought it was an inferior "3rd tier" skill until I inherited some by chance (League where you drafted pre-Skilled players). Awesome sauce in a ruck, on the sideline and in any "yield no ground" position on O or D.

Sidestep WILL get moved somewhere (well, 8/9 of the time). SF will not.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
forsev

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite torn really. Stand firm is a more defensive skill. While sidestep creates additional offensive options.

Example:
There are many times I'm frustrated when dealing with sidestepping elves because every time I push them, I kept giving him more options and easier positions to dodge from. The contrast is even more clear for cage edges as you want stand firm. For cage corner marking, you want side step.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say I like PaddyMick's idea.

Bloat for the Bloat Gods!! More like a gridiron team as well!

TO THE THEMEMOBILE!!...

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think stand firm and sidestep are both great, but appropriately enough, sidestep works better on AG4 players and stand firm on GS ones.

Being able to sidestep into cages with blodge/sidestep/diving tackle players is a staple of AV8 elf play. Strength teams likely prefer to muscle in through a cage corner and then stack ST4 or guard in the two open spaces.

Given that stand firm is a double for elf teams, like sidestep is for humans, I would likely take something else for either on a double.

Human Blitzers seem to have a number of good skills to take on singles, so assuming dodge is the first double, even without stats, you have a very nice player:

Dodge, Mighty Blow, Guard, Tackle

The 5th skill still has a number of attractive GS options, including high tier skills Piling On and Stand Firm, as well as tier 2 options such as Frenzy or Juggernaut.

Since I've never had a human blitzer with two doubles, this is theoretical, but I would think that diving tackle would be a nice choice. Stand Firm/Diving Tackle is pretty annoying, and really my only concern with taking the combination would be if I would ever see another elf opponent again.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why you take diving tackle on your catcher Smile
 Jump to: