20 coaches online • Server time: 03:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2015 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Now in the context of this specific discussion. I do not think the path to glory is skilling up your blitzers, have one catcher with some skills and maybe a thrower with some utility skills like leader and kick and then a roster filled with rookie linos.

that only works in ho hum Box/Ranked matches.

You enter majors/minors with that build and you are toast.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The rule of 5 stupidity doesn't have anything to do with actual in game set ups, of course you will defend the 2 turn appropriately when you need to.

It has to do with constraints you place on yourself during team construction.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno man. I just don't see any roles for AG3 ball handlers on a team with two +AG blitzers. I was totally prepared to buy a couple of catchers, but really at this point what the team needs is a mighty blow blitzer, a bit of tackle, and lots of guard, not more ball handlers.

An ogre might not be a bad investment at this point... I can see replacing the next dead lineman with one. Team is pretty TV efficient at the moment and could use some punch.

PainState wrote:
Now in the context of this specific discussion. I do not think the path to glory is skilling up your blitzers, have one catcher with some skills and maybe a thrower with some utility skills like leader and kick and then a roster filled with rookie linos.

I'm down with as many block/guard lineman as nuffle will give me.

PainState wrote:
You enter majors/minors with that build and you are toast.

I don't play tournaments.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2015 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AG3 pass to AG3 catch is better than AG4 to AG4.

But sure, you want AG4 sure hands on one blitzer, and can just build the other like an elf with S access.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
AG3 pass to AG3 catch is better than AG4 to AG4.

But sure, you want AG4 sure hands on one blitzer, and can just build the other like an elf with S access.

79.01% AG3 to AG3
69.44% AG4 to AG4... but jumps to 92.59% with a TRR

Not sure how I'm going to build them to be honest. Will probably give both Guard/Tackle/Mighty Blow before sure hands. I think if you get dodge you definitely go sure hands, but without dodge I don't know if I'd pick one or the other to be the carrier.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2015 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's 81% with a rr. I have no idea where you are getting 92% from.

But the notion is that not needing a rr is very valuable in most situations. The problem is you will never take pass or catch on a blitzer. Of course you're happier if you never have to pass anyway, so I can see not using a thrower, but the human thrower is one of the better ones available, just due to sure hands. Pass is just a free skill, and access to P is whatever you want it to be, but human thrower is one of the few I'd take Leader on if all you are rolling is normals.

Sure hands is a must skill on any team in my opinion, the sooner you add it the better.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's pretty darn good, but I JUST got my first chance to pick a normal skill after game 3 and I took mighty blow. I think would be really hard to argue for sure hands over the first mighty blow.

Let me pose you a question... if you would advocate a thrower on this team (and it seems you are), do you also use a skaven thrower? Similar situation, a team with 4 AG4 players vs my humans with two. I don't think I'd pick up the ball with the thrower on either team, thus making sure hands only useful at this tv against wardancer, and I don't think I'd carry the ball with a rookie thrower vs SB wardancer either...

So yeah, SB on the blitzer, but not at the expense of first guard, first mighty blow, first tackle, etc. It's a bit of a task getting SPP on those other two blitzers at this point, with the two stars hogging the rock.

I use samba to figure out odds. It says 92. I would be surprised if it were wrong, and don't feel like doing the math myself =)
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you not picking it up with a thrower because you want to avoid the 2+ handoff after the 3+ Surehanded Pickup?

The point of Surehands to me has always been to avoid dipping into Team Rerolls for a pretty basic and necessary action you'll usually have to do. The Stripball defense is just a bonus.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not picking up the thrower because he is MA6 on a team with MA7 and MA8 options. This could be totally wrong, but it's what I'm trying. Previously I considered the catcher a better option, but the two 11s changed my thinking. At this point I've got a couple of GS access elf blitzers on a cheap 6/3/3/8 team. I think I can make that work. If one or both get dodge, I think we're in business.

I've often wondered what a team with elf positionals and human lineman might play like. Nuffle willing, we're going to find out. Definately miss the agility access though... makes building a couple of elves harder, but the MA7 is nice.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:

I've often wondered what a team with elf positionals and human lineman might play like. Nuffle willing, we're going to find out. Definately miss the agility access though... makes building a couple of elves harder, but the MA7 is nice.

It's certainly more cost efficient than keep -ag elven linos...I speak from experience Wink
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing wrong with human lineman.

6/3/3/8 Block, Guard for 100k is an awesome deal.
6/3/3/8 Block for 70k is pretty damn good too.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the Human spirit! You're already gaga for human linemen, haha. You'll like Humans just fine no matter what path you choose with 'em.
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to comment but im too tired, not a top 10 human coach and probably cant really add much to whats been said. Keep it up though cool thread.
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

your wrong about throwers though
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay. Explain how a thrower is going to help a team with 4 MA7 guys (two with 4AG), and a MA8 dude. I don't claim to know it all, so explain yourself.
 Jump to: