41 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Honestly Tyrion, winning games with this and this doesn't impress me in the slightest.

Not trying to impress you. I don't care what you think of me, or my gaming style. Just pointing out that the logic behind your argument is flawed. Your personal views of my style will not change that.

Rat_Salat wrote:
That's a good place for you. Nobody can dispute your coaching ability Tyrion, but you've been leaning on the killstack for a good long time.

Not leaning on it, just find it more relaxing as a play style at the moment, although you will notice recent games as Slann and the like when I fancied a change.

Rat_Salat wrote:
... and as your wood elves show quite clearly, survival of a team like that against teams like yours and bill's isn't really possible over the long term

I thought I had already answered that, the problem is the 'old team vs old team' matching that was introduced. Before that a team getting beaten down to 1200 would play a newish 1200 team and recover. Now as the 30 game team has to play other 30 game teams they end up playing with a 400 TV difference, that is why they don't recover.

Anyway, all this is fairly irrelevant to my original post (especially as my other post which was a reply to Balle)
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Not leaning on it, just find it more relaxing as a play style at the moment, although you will notice recent games as Slann and the like when I fancied a change.

You're delusional. Look at the past players of your Chaos and Nurgle. Other than your ballcarriers, there are no examples of past players who are built in any manner other than block, mighty blow, claw, piling on, except your rotters... who seem to favor dirty player.

Whatever your excuse... be it "welp CRP" or "Everyone else is doing it"... you've elected to play that style for over a thousand games. You may be a good coach, and perhaps way back in LRB4 you played a balanced roster of teams. But somewhere along the way you decided to play a style of blood bowl that had the highest likelihood of resulting in a crappy experience for your opponent.

Whatever your opinion of the killstack, it's tough to argue that people don't like playing against it. You've got your own division to spam the same 4 skills over and over again on every player. That should satisfy you, and what elf coaches do over in ranked shouldn't concern you, except that perhaps blackbox is running out of people willing to watch you roll casulaty dice while they browse the web and wait for the game to be over.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The reports of Box's death have been greatly exaggerated.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Maybe. But the decline in player base from 2009 (CRP) to now has been dramatic. Draw whatever conclusion you wish from that, but I seriously doubt that has much at all to do with the Cyanide game.
WolfyDan

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I realise I'm quite a few pages late to this, but been dwelling on a few of these points and thought I'd contribute.

I think the rule of 5 in generic terms makes sense in that you should stack players. This is because the TV system is not synergistic. No skill costs more in combination with other skills, so it makes sense to combine. Also as you want these players to be active it makes sense to use other players to screen them.

The problem I have with it is that it seems very clean. If you are using 6 players to protect 5 you are sort of assuming that none of those 6 will be taken out because otherwise having 5 stars is too many as they cannot be protected by just 5 others. But of course if you assume that then you might as well take 11 stars. So in that case maybe the rule of 3 (with a redundancy of 2) is better?

But even then I think you are assuming a very clean game with strong lines for 16 turns. I think BB is far messier than that, so diversification of skills can be strong; it's just the non-synergistic TV style doesn't support this very well.

Mostly agree with the individual points, but I think you underestimate +ST, and passing elves.
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, its 5-3-3; one of the middle 3 is my kicker, and if its Ratsalat, the kicker is his Wardancer (5). For obvious reasons he cant be on the line, and the value declines after the kick.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Maybe. But the decline in player base from 2009 (CRP) to now has been dramatic. Draw whatever conclusion you wish from that, but I seriously doubt that has much at all to do with the Cyanide game.

Bb is a niche game with a bent ruleset. And yet we are above traffic numbers from the lowest point ever. oh well, I'm having fun and it's more fun now than it was when I first joined.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
You're delusional. Look at the past players of your Chaos and Nurgle

exactly, how much time you spent hating and stalking other coaches matches, team and players? Very Happy

then you go around saying how fantastic is to have a finely tuned elf team that can't play against anything but a)rookie opponents and b)picked matches.

most of your matches you weren't even "giving advices" to your opponent but subtly mocking his (poor) choices.

If you'd really like to help necomers you could build a goblin or halfling team and throw yourself in Koadah's 145 league... try to place a rule of 5 there.

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 02, 2015 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
That should satisfy you, and what elf coaches do over in ranked shouldn't concern you, except that perhaps blackbox is running out of people willing to watch you roll casulaty dice while they browse the web and wait for the game to be over.

What Elf coaches, you or any other coach does in ranked has no interest to me. I have stated that several times, yet you still do not get it.

What does interest me, is narcissistic posts where you declare yourself to be the beacon of hope for all rookie coaches, even arguing against the skill picks take by very good rounded coaches on the site (and I exclude myself from that).

I point out and continue to point out that your argument is flawed, you may be able to help rookies who also pick, but you will not be helping rookies who want to take a wide variety of games.

Now, I don't think I can put in any clearer than that, although I have tried in previous posts. If you would like to argue the point, rather than attacking my chosen play style, then please do.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really. I think your hyperbole covered it.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

+15% more Box games played from january to end of april 2015 compared to last year same period.
But yea the Box is dying Razz
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Rat_Salat wrote:
That should satisfy you, and what elf coaches do over in ranked shouldn't concern you, except that perhaps blackbox is running out of people willing to watch you roll casulaty dice while they browse the web and wait for the game to be over.

What Elf coaches, you or any other coach does in ranked has no interest to me. I have stated that several times, yet you still do not get it.

What does interest me, is narcissistic posts where you declare yourself to be the beacon of hope for all rookie coaches, even arguing against the skill picks take by very good rounded coaches on the site (and I exclude myself from that).

I point out and continue to point out that your argument is flawed, you may be able to help rookies who also pick, but you will not be helping rookies who want to take a wide variety of games.

Now, I don't think I can put in any clearer than that, although I have tried in previous posts. If you would like to argue the point, rather than attacking my chosen play style, then please do.

+1

Seriously, who has ever seen him in a major tournament?
Or in a competitive league?
Of course no-one, because those are places full of "tacklechaos" and "randomness elements pulling out the fun".

Good luck helping newcomers that way, telling them to avoid every match they can't win. so basically, he is telling them to avoid all the other matches except against him - but he doesn't win, no.... he "teaches".

I've seen some ridiculous tactic defended with an unsheated sword but, man, this beats everything...

pubstar

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

True. I activated this morning just because of all your cheerleading, mrt. I hope you're happy!

mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

pubstar wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

True. I activated this morning just because of all your cheerleading, mrt. I hope you're happy!

How it go?
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
If you'd really like to help necomers you could build a goblin or halfling team and throw yourself in Koadah's 145 league...

Playing halflings against rookie teams/coaches is actually a predatory act.
 Jump to: