32 coaches online • Server time: 10:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep the team or delete?
Delete
23%
 23%  [ 14 ]
Keep
76%
 76%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 60

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as it doesn't take you below 11 permanent players, no it isn't. Permanent players, are players with numbers 1-16. They maybe missing for the next game (as this is a temporary situation) and replaced by a Journeyman.

I think you are a good case in point on why TV match making is damaging to recruiting new blood.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'd be careful about some of the advice you're getting here. If you don't know what you doing you'll end up breaking the site rules.

I don't advocate retiring teams, but unless you like the name it might be your best bet to avoid things getting messy.

I'd also be more aware of whom you are playing and what you are facing. You recently played a team made to take out a team like yours.

Are you keeping tabs? Laughing
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, for the OP, never retire a team. No journey involved.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
That j-man abuse rule is the most ridiculous rule on this site.

Quite literally, it serves no useful purpose what so ever.

It bones Elfs and other low AV teams. Good enough for me Very Happy.
I agree btw, awful rule.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Also, for the OP, never retire a team. No journey involved.

I think that there is still a limit to the number of teams that you can have. Though I think it is quite a lot. Wink

Also it would be nice to be able hide teams that are on "hiatus". The same way that retired teams are initially hidden.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

currently playing a wood elf team... he just said to keep his legends he deleted his most of his team and went in with 7 jmen? is this allowed? because i could rock that
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:
currently playing a wood elf team... he just said to keep his legends he deleted his most of his team and went in with 7 jmen? is this allowed? because i could rock that

If the players are gimped then sure. If they are not then it would be safer not to cut the team down too far.

The rule is deliberately vague to give that admins a chance to use their discretion.

I think that the main rule is don't look as if you are taking the admins for fools.

And don't be "naming and shaming". Admins don't like that.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

not naming and shaming , trying to figure out the rules... the post's in this made me paranoid yet by the same token speaking to players in games seems to be a completely different set of rules
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

For team management purposes, the key is usually to get below 1,750,000 to get max income. Once you're there a minor gimp or a j-man saves you the same amount of cash more or less. Just dont go and apo them.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:
not naming and shaming , trying to figure out the rules... the post's in this made me paranoid yet by the same token speaking to players in games seems to be a completely different set of rules

If you say "currently playing a wood elf team" then people can easily look up your match and see who the coach is.

As I said the rule is "deliberately vague". Some might say that is completely meaningless unless you speak to an admin to clarify it. Wink

But the admins are pretty reasonable. I am pretty sure that they will not impose a sanction for this without warning you first. If they give you a warning then you can chat to them about it.

If your players are gimped I think that most people would agree that it is OK to retire them.
If your players are carrying poor skill choices then personally I would think it would be OK to fire them. A lot of poor skills means that your team is at a bad disadvantage vs "efficient" teams.
I can't really see anything wrong with going down to 10 or even 9 men if you choose.
But I am not an admin. Wink

If you deliberately try to make some concept team by just retiring all your healthy players then yes I think that team could be in trouble. But I don't think that is what you are thinking of doing.

IMO your best bet is to talk to an actual current admin.

Wood elf journeymen are pretty good rookies. Especially if you use them at the end of your turn and don't waste the RR. If one gets the MVP then buy him if you can. Next game you can use him to make a quick pass for his first skill.

As has been mentioned, if cutting players takes you below the spiraling expenses threshold it
will be easier for you to make money.

If you don't have money you'll spend a lot of time playing with no bench and gimped guys and/or journeymen.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

NoS is probably the second best choice, with leap being the best, by the way.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably worth having a look at this

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I very much doubt your opponent broke any rules, he's famous for playing with gimped players.

TV is what needs a revamp, causes a lot of problems. As that's not likely to happen, if it were up to me I'd make the following changes to JMs.

If a team has less than 11 players, the team can take Journey Men to make numbers up to 11. During this time, you may 'legitimately' save up for any buyable item/player up to the most expensive item for this team to buy. For example, if the most expensive item is a reroll, you may save up for a reroll instead of buying a player. However you would be obliged to buy the reroll. Saving anymore than this, the Journey Men will lose faith in actually being hired and will no longer play for your team. You may replace players in this way. For example my Wardancer has a niggle but I want to keep him until I have enough to replace him.

Journey Men count as the same TV as normal player however they do not count towards TV or count as 0 TV when calculating winnings.

This makes it clear when and what is abuse, however allows teams that are forced to use Journey Men to earn more cash to get them back to strength.
tibbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i didnt think he was breaking the rules nor was naming nor shaming, t'was a fun match with a good opponent, he was a little confused about the rules himself.. as i have read in this post that deleting players non injured etc to lower you team rating is breaking the general site rules... He only had 40k so wasnt a game i disliked, nor did i think he was cheating.. but at one stage he did delete players to focus on his legendary ... including players without injuries and with a few levels. All i want to know is if this is acceptable? or wrong? in this post it seems that is bending the rules ( ie not right ) but in games most people seem to have done it . and as koadah said it seems to be up to admin's opinion.. So a general vague grey area. All im trying to do is build my team to be the best team possible Razz sorry for the naming and shaming but in no way did i intend it
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The rule is loose and that's a good thing. Firing healthy players is not an issue if you have more than 11 players (I do that all the time with my Flings, because their first skill is a normal roll, or simply because I purchased a new player the game before to replace a MNG, and I'm now with one player too many).

Now if you fire healthy players and ends up with less than 11 players, it's generally against the rules. But not necessarily (cf: the Bucs).

This whole "be competitive" thing is not an absolute rule (fortunately), or coaches wouldn't be allowed to make rotter teams. Wink

Jump to: