71 coaches online • Server time: 20:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Hayward_99

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,
who is the best team do you thiink to practice offence with ? (Maybe dont say kemri - i am not very good at offence and find it hard to score so want to get practice at scoring = not practice at not scoring)
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say humans because you can try different tactics, caging, deep throws ect. D evles would be a better choice however as they all have AV 4

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves are one of the best choices for learning offense, which is basically positioning.

Try and score without handing off or passing the ball. Dodge away from contact and hide behind screens and in cages. When your opponent tries to corner your ballcarrier, solve the puzzle and move forward.
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

One can't answer this question. There are different offensive strategies depending on several factors (the races you're playing with and against, your current skill set, etc). You won't use the same tactics with an elf team needing to score in 2 turns and with a dorf team with 8 turns to do so...

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pick the most aggressive, speedy and agile race you feel you are not lost on the defensive side with.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

To practice 2 turning (because one turning is a different animal) you can pick any elf team or skaven. Once you are comfortable with two turning with these fast agile teams you should move to 2 turning with AG3 sides who still have some speed (ghouls, norse, humans). From there you can see the issues that MA6 capped sides have with 2 turning, but you can practice with them as well (orcs, zons, dwarfs).

From there you can extrapolate back to 2 turning with really AG and MA hindered teams.

To practice cage and bash drives, so drives where you basically want to take all the remaining turns left in the half and score on turn 8/16 you should pick Dwarfs for the most challenge (though they are also easy in some respects, but limited MA forces you to really learn positioning) or Orcs.

You can also practice this with Chaos or Nurgle, but they tend to be more about bash attrition than just cage and grind.

So really, you have to ask yourself what kind of scoring do you need practice at? If it's scoring with any team then you need to pick a team (or style) you want to work on and do it. You can move on to the other kinds of play once you are satisfied you understand how to score with your 1st choice.

I see though that you have played the majority of your games with lizards who are not a race I mentioned here Smile

Well because lizards do it either way depending on the matchup. You can 2 turn semi reliably with your skinks, and you can also cage and bash with your sauri either keeping the ball in the cage, or keeping the ball out of blitz range with your fast skinks. The issue for you is AG3. Passes and hand offs are still risky propositions and you will likely never get skills to help you with them (other than AG4 and sure hands). So yes, Lizards are more challenging to work with than teams that naturally have AG4, or pass, or catch...

I won't try to teach you how to play lizards, I haven't played them in years, but there are some excellent lizard coaches around whom I sure can give good tips if you want to know about lizards specifically.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Elves are widely considered to have the best offense in the game, because they get 4 catchers with Nerves of Steel, which is a double roll for any other catcher.
Mr_Hayward_99

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks - have been playing a fair bit of bash so might try an ag team, such as elves to get my 2td scoring better. I find caging is difficult to get positioning right all the time, especially as players get bogged down towards end of halfs.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i practice being offensive in every game

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
i practice being offensive in every game

Polish Ninja!

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you suggesting that pythrr should polish his ninja? I find that to be a bit offensive.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
To practice 2 turning (because one turning is a different animal) you can pick any elf team or skaven. Once you are comfortable with two turning with these fast agile teams you should move to 2 turning with AG3 sides who still have some speed (ghouls, norse, humans).

uhm, wut? I don't agree about that...
even if you play skaven, you shouldn't score until the last turn. That's the toughest part of the game, especially with the agile teams, because they are usually squishy.

2 turning is easy and will only lead to losing by the usual 1-2 grind.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

That wasn't my point.

My point was that you need to practice how to 2 turn, because 2 turning comes up quite a bit. It's not that you should always 2 turn, it's that you need to know how to 2 turn, so just practicing 2 turning is important if you struggle scoring TDs in general.
 Jump to: