67 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In turn 4 of this game my opponent ran a blitzer down the outside of my defensive formation. He said that he believed my allowing him to do so was a critical mistake and if it hadn't failed it would have been decisive. I may be misrepresenting my opponent as I may not have understod him properly. What do you think? Is this a mistake in my positioning? Should I have done differently?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3678300

As an aside yes I know that I scored too soon Smile, probably just panic and poor play but I am struggling with these high elves.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

1 lone human blitzer in the widezone? I think he might have been a bit optimistic there saying it would have been decisive.

I think it is more likely he was trying to knock you off your game to cover up his error, no need for him to break a human player off on his own like that so early.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
1 lone human blitzer in the widezone? I think he might have been a bit optimistic there saying it would have been decisive.

I think it is more likely he was trying to knock you off your game to cover up his error, no need for him to break a human player off on his own like that so early.

+1

I was speccing the game and I think english probably was not his first language. He made several seemingly odd comments that may have been lost in translation.

1 lone ag3 player wouldn't be decisive, especially with players easily in range to hit him.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he meant in terms of being able to use it as a staging post to open up that side of the pitch. I certainly can't believe that he meant he was a receiver.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Easilyamused. It was probably part of a cunning ploy to unsettle you. Like pushing your player into position for a 2D block on his own ball carrier.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

That's utter nonsense. That doesn't even make sense.. We just have your word for it tho. Maybe you misunderstood. ;P
Either way, whether he stands there or lies there is completely wayne. He was already lying when your turn started and if he wouldn't have been lying you could have made him lying. So that is really kinda nonsense. Apart from that even if he just stood there it would of course still be fine to ignore a reciever in the middle of the half.
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

He said the push was a misclick so I wouldn't hold that against him.
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

And yes Wreckage I very much could be wrong in understanding him. So I'm not suggesting he was wrong. I am just curious as to, if my interpretation of his point was correct, does he have a point.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, thanks Jimmy, I got it the first time Smile
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't mind him, he likes being right :p

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:

Coaches who play Human rosters are the most optimistic group on this site. They expect every bold move to go their way and the dice all come us roses. It is all we got to hang on to our sanity. Otherwise we would retire all our human teams and play other races with better odds.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
easilyamused wrote:

Coaches who play Human rosters are the most optimistic group on this site. They expect every bold move to go their way and the dice all come us roses. It is all we got to hang on to our sanity. Otherwise we would retire all our human teams and play other races with better odds.

3+ Dodges all day, every day.
 Jump to: