36 coaches online • Server time: 09:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Note also, any game where you roll a LOT of dice, is per definition less random then one were you roll few dice, but more then any where you do not roll dice (or flip coins etc). Its the law of large numbers...

Sorry, this is my job, statistic
THe law of large numbers, has some meaning when the number of events (dices rolled) is AT LEAST 100 (better 500-600) times the possible outcome of every event (6 for a 6sided dice)
This means that if you roll 6 sided dices, you need at least 600 rolls to consider the average as statistical more probable.
When you roll only 100 dices, you easly have a not balanced results
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Law of large numbers is ONLY applicable to INFINITY. It is not applicable to ANY given large number, it must be infinit. With that said mathematics says that the standard deviation of the average of 1000 dice roll sample is smaller than the same metric for 1 die roll. (Please note that standard deviation is not the only way to measure randomness.)

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Gee one more reason to manage the money...

Interesting. IMO Gold is a meaningless construct in CRP. It actually has no value besides replacing players. Coaches horde gold because there is no reason besides replacements to use it.

What I mean by that is that it is a very very rare event that you see in tournament play, B/R/L/S, that the TV favorite who is sitting on 700,000+ gold actually transfer gold for inducements.

Under LRB4 gold had huge value because coaches would use the gold to purchase stars/wizards and so forth. The prematch actually had some drama of prematch TR meta game.

Now under CRP it is just click NO for transfer cash and off we go, sitting on a pile of gold.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is how you make gold valuable under CRP.

You change up the prematch to this.

The match starts up.

The TV favorite is sitting at 1100TV

The underdog is sitting at 1000TV

The TV Favorite transfers 200K in Gold for inducments. He buys his inducments.

The TV underdog gets 100K Free inducment money, then he can transfer as much cash for inducments as the TV foarite did.

There you go, now gold has real value.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
C3I2 wrote:
Gee one more reason to manage the money...

Interesting. IMO Gold is a meaningless construct in CRP. It actually has no value besides replacing players. Coaches horde gold because there is no reason besides replacements to use it.

What I mean by that is that it is a very very rare event that you see in tournament play, B/R/L/S, that the TV favorite who is sitting on 700,000+ gold actually transfer gold for inducements.

Under LRB4 gold had huge value because coaches would use the gold to purchase stars/wizards and so forth. The prematch actually had some drama of prematch TR meta game.

Now under CRP it is just click NO for transfer cash and off we go, sitting on a pile of gold.

You can do "minor" tricks with money
If you are 30k lower TV, you can transfer 50k to the petty cash, take a babe and your opponent will be 20k over, and get nothing

If you are 120k under, you cann add 150k, get a wizard, instead of two babe, and your opponent get nothing

If you are 80k under, you add 150k to the petty cash, get a wizard, your opponent will be 70k over and get a babe

And so on

No much room to make very much with the money except for some tricky uses like these
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Is wizard better than 3 dirty tricks? Afterall, lightning bolts fizzle on a 1...

Oscar Wilde
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Is wizard better than 3 dirty tricks? Afterall, lightning bolts fizzle on a 1...

That's another matter Very Happy.

The money can be used to buy dirties too... you are 30k under, put 50k in the petty cash, get a dirti trick and your opponent get nothing... you get a "nice" boost at the price of 50k... if you have plenty of money, you could do it but i see it very rarely
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
[
If you are 30k lower TV, .....

If you are 120k under, .....

If you are 80k under,.......

And so on

No much room to make very much with the money except for some tricky uses like these

Notice a pattern?

The inducment system that is currently used does three things.

#1 It encourages TV MIN/MAX so you can employ some "tricks" because you want your TV to be as low as possible and still a threat so you can get free inducements.

#2 It discourages the TV Favorite to transfer money as an equal exchange to the TV underdog.

#3 It totally destroys and penalizes the TV underdog to transfer money inless it is in a very limited TV range were you can employ a TV trick to get a inducement and leave the favorite hanging.

The above 3 points is why gold has no value under CRP.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The money can be used to buy dirties too... you are 30k under, put 50k in the petty cash, get a dirti trick and your opponent get nothing...

The last time an opponent tried to play the inducement game with me, he took coaches and cheerleaders to have +40TV, so I can't induce anything (we were supposed to have the same TV). I transferred 110k and hired a saw. And if I add that was a Zon XFL game, I guess you can imagine what happened. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Down in the KPL we are using free cards.

I have to say Iam coming around that 3 dirty trick cards are most likely, not always, to be more effective than a single wizard.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Difficult to say as the tricks are all random. With a wizard both you and your opponent know what it does.

I find there is a psychological advantage to holding back the wizard and some teams like elves can do well against a more spread out cage.

Mind you with tricks you can play games too by insinuating you have a TD stopper.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never had a case when an opponent tried to play around any of my dirty trick card. It may very well been the case that they did not care, did not know, but lets just not dismiss totally the possibility of fearing them much less than the wizard. (Even at 3 vs 1 rate.)

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had opponents completely blindsided by the Greased Shoes where they aren't really cognizant that it's a possibility and it will be played exactly at the worst possible time when they NEED a GFI.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Yes.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2015 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Note also, any game where you roll a LOT of dice, is per definition less random then one were you roll few dice, but more then any where you do not roll dice (or flip coins etc). Its the law of large numbers...

One little remark: even if you roll a lot of dice, some dice rolls are more important than others.
Not all d6 you roll affect a match in the same way.
Let's assume coach A snakes while trying to GFI to score (game changing bad luck), while coach B (who is winning 1-0) rolls 1,1 when passing the ball trying to farm 1 SPP for a completion (i.e. irrelevant bad luck) on turn 16th.
Even rolling a large amount of dice can't make you safe from the gamebreaking dice at the wrong moment.
It's not just a problem of dice distribution, but of bad dice during a critical turn or action.
Not all dice rolls have the same value in a match.
 Jump to: