21 coaches online • Server time: 02:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

'Ello, all.

I've started a new YouTube series called MUMBBL, where I film FUMBBL matches and commentate over them, hopefully with another coach alongside me in the match chatting along and having a laugh about the game we all love. Very Happy

First episode is uploaded, just me on my own, unfortunately. If anyone's up for joining me, shoot me a message and we can work something out. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstr66lFdIo
Ehlers

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff, keep on going.

A few pointers on improving.
Visual remove the black borders. This is muse likely something to do with the aspect ratio you are recording in and how youtube handle aspect ration.

Your voice.
Easy to understand, but I might suggest you review your video. And then learn from it. You do this thing with your tongue or lips that makes a sound after a lot of sentences you finish. Will sound better if you try to remove it, else keep tugging at it.
Kam

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! I haven't watched the whole video yet, but I think you should lower the volume of the game for the next vids. Besides that, so far so good. Smile

EDIT - @ Ehlers: I think that sound is called the English accent. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for the feedback, guys.

Ehlers wrote:
Great stuff, keep on going.

A few pointers on improving.
Visual remove the black borders. This is muse likely something to do with the aspect ratio you are recording in and how youtube handle aspect ration.

Your voice.
Easy to understand, but I might suggest you review your video. And then learn from it. You do this thing with your tongue or lips that makes a sound after a lot of sentences you finish. Will sound better if you try to remove it, else keep tugging at it.

I'll take these on board. The aspect ratio is something I'm struggling with, as I need to change my whole screen resolution just so the desktop recording can happen. I'm not particularly tech-savvy, so I can try and work on it, but not sure how far I'll get.

In regards to my voice, I've listened back a couple of times to make sure everything is right, and I suppose I didn't notice anything because I work with my voice every day. I'll see what I can do about better pronounciation and control.

Kam wrote:
Great! I haven't watched the whole video yet, but I think you should lower the volume of the game for the next vids. Besides that, so far so good. Smile

EDIT - @ Ehlers: I think that sound is called the English accent. Very Happy

I'll get on the sound and get the mix better next time. Smile

As for my accent....maybe that is the problem! I do have a slight speech impediment which I'm pretty self-conscious about, that might be something to do with it too...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

TheThinkTank wrote:
First episode is uploaded, just me on my own, unfortunately. If anyone's up for joining me, shoot me a message and we can work something out. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstr66lFdIo

I'd love to do a co-commentary, just didn't say anything in the other thread because there were already so many people showing interest.

Am watching yours right now.

Also can't quite tell why people feel the need to include the process of getting a game into a clip.
Also I feel a lot of envy for your ability to predictably get a ranked game in under 10 minutes and to be even able to talk about it after it has greenlit without it disappearing. oO
When I hear the greenlit sound I'm on high alert rushing to the games page. Smile
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Also can't quite tell why people feel the need to include the process of getting a game into a clip.

I did forget to mention that it was for the benefit of my local clubmates who I'm trying to get into FUMBBL. Smile
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool beans, will catch it later.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

TheThinkTank wrote:
As for my accent....maybe that is the problem! I do have a slight speech impediment which I'm pretty self-conscious about, that might be something to do with it too...

Not a problem for me, on the contrary.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I find your accent delightful, already enjoyed it in the commentary with sann0638 and bghandras. Very Happy

Good job on the video, I really like this stuff! Smile

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

About your accent, i can tell it sounds lovely at my cheesy french hears!
I really love english accent!
Roland

Post   Posted: May 08, 2015 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

love it!
moar!
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 08, 2015 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you wanted to comment on some unconventional, fluff-driven teams/games, you could film either the Dirty Cranberries' or the Agility Monsters' GLT game tonight, both starting at 21:00 bbtime. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont get me wrong, I love English accent. And it is not to be rude, just to give an advice on how to imrprove. I found flaws in my own and have started slowly to try to get rid of it. Just a minor thing I am pointing out.

But go to 2:20 and listen for the next 30secs or so at least.
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I love English accent. And it is not to be rude, just to give an advice on how to imrprove. I found flaws in my own and have started slowly to try to get rid of it. Just a minor thing I am pointing out.

But go to 2:20 and listen for the next 30secs or so at least.

Just caught the bit you meant.

I can see what you mean about it.

I think it might have been nerves playing a part in my dictation. Hopefully the more I do this kind of thing, the better it'll sound. Smile
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

diction, not dictation Wink

Jump to: