19 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
fidius wrote:
You could have belts for each "weight class", eg Agility, Bash, Hybrid, Stunty. Belts can only be taken if the matchup is intra-class...?

Now we're cooking. if this proves to be a success and I can lean on some help to keep track (koadah?) the idea of having team type belts would be the natural progression of the meta game.

We do something likt this in the O[L]C but it's done manually.

I was actually thinking of trying something like this for Ranked.

Ideally a title fight would be set up and hyped. Doing it in the Box the title could change hands multiple times a day so it would be less of a big thing.

My scripts are only updating once every two hours. People could win and lose the title without even knowing it.

The problem with the Box is that people don't actually 'earn' their title shot. It is more a case of who is lucky enough to run into the Champ when he activates.
I like to see people win 'eliminators' before challenging for the belt.

How will you know he's the Champ? He might not realise or remember to mention it.

Though it was a little difficult to work up the enthusiasm for Ranked. I wondered if people would just dodge each other for five years like Mayweather & Pacman. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The O[L]C way would be that you had to win a Brawl or an instant SMACK/mini SMACK to qualify for a title fight.

That would require tournament admin intervention though.

Cross division SMACKs would be nice Wink

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
fidius wrote:
You could have belts for each "weight class", eg Agility, Bash, Hybrid, Stunty. Belts can only be taken if the matchup is intra-class...?

Now we're cooking. if this proves to be a success and I can lean on some help to keep track (koadah?) the idea of having team type belts would be the natural progression of the meta game.

We do something likt this in the O[L]C but it's done manually.

I was actually thinking of trying something like this for Ranked.

Ideally a title fight would be set up and hyped. Doing it in the Box the title could change hands multiple times a day so it would be less of a big thing.

My scripts are only updating once every two hours. People could win and lose the title without even knowing it.

The problem with the Box is that people don't actually 'earn' their title shot. It is more a case of who is lucky enough to run into the Champ when he activates.
I like to see people win 'eliminators' before challenging for the belt.

How will you know he's the Champ? He might not realise or remember to mention it.

Though it was a little difficult to work up the enthusiasm for Ranked. I wondered if people would just dodge each other for five years like Mayweather & Pacman. Twisted Evil

Part of the allure, for me at least, is the idea that the belt is like a greased pig. Once you get a grip how long will it hold? An entire village chasing this damn pig all about town and then roasting it later in the day. It's supposed to be a little haphazard a little rough.

I like your concept though if it was a self contained thing linked with tourneys like you outlined though. Cross division Smacks/Brawls and/or XFL...mmmmm we can dream can't we?

Ya know, if you want to some help on the Ranked side of things to do a more "Prize Fight" style just for Ranked, I'd make myself available for that too.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's easy enough to record the progress of the belt if you can wait 2 hours for the update.

The onus is on the Champ to inform his opponents that "I am the Champ and this is a title fight".

I think it should be the person with most title wins/defences that gets the monthly prize.
Not just the person who is holding the belt when the music stops.

I think that the person who has the belt at the end of the month remains the Champ and we just reset count of wins.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It's easy enough to record the progress of the belt if you can wait 2 hours for the update.

The onus is on the Champ to inform his opponents that "I am the Champ and this is a title fight".

I think it should be the person with most title wins/defences that gets the monthly prize.
Not just the person who is holding the belt when the music stops.

I think that the person who has the belt at the end of the month remains the Champ and we just reset count of wins.

Oh, I'll definitely track the 'time held' with great fervor. The biggest reason I want a monthly reset in Box is attrition, plain and simple. I don't want to be in a situation where a player like CameronHawkins or KenThis are very active for a relatively long time and then just vanish. But in Ranked? Yeah, let those belts carry over.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The worst case then is that the belt could be inactive for a month.

We could say that the belt must be defended within say 10-14 days or it goes to the winner of the match between the two highest rated coaches the next day. You can't just give someone the belt. They have to take it. Wink

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The belt is great in box. I don't see why it has to be 'arranged' title fights. Too much metagaming for my taste. Too many rules. Lets just do this, have fun and see what happens!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruminating on this - I think doing Box one way and Ranked another is best so we can see what works and what doesn't and whether some ideas from either method works better overall where the goal is to foster ongoing interest in the going ons of FUMBBL. I already think that 'Weight Classes' would be readily and easily implemented with Ranked but with Box it'd be a whole can of worms thanks to match making. Also, you could do 'team-based' tracking instead of 'coach based tracking' a lot easier.

Main Prize for being belt holder for longest
Prize for holding the belt while playing with one of each team 'type' Agile/Bash/Hybrid/Stunty
Prize for being belt holder at the end of the time period

WAIT A MINUTE...
WAIT A MINUTE...

How about this...

To properly defend your Box Belt, you must play 4 games with each of the 4 team types soooo...

If some upstart beats bghandras (good luck), to get an unquestioned belt holder, they must play 4 games where they field: 1 Agile Team, 1 Bash Team, 1 Hybrid Team, 1 Stunty Team (and that my friends will be why Stimme or Relezite will beat us all!). If they fail to do this they can still go on to win the holder for the longest but it won't be a unified (and thus much more cool) unified belt.

Just a thought and it would really make manual tracking a pain but...

Once you get to the top, gotta flex those muscles lest the rest of us doubt your nuffle-like dominion over BB the Box Belt implies. Wink
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
The belt is great in box. I don't see why it has to be 'arranged' title fights. Too much metagaming for my taste. Too many rules. Lets just do this, have fun and see what happens!

This is exactly what I would favor. No nuance, just one belt that changes hands if the belt holder loses it or doesn't play for a month.

I think it's a brilliant idea, and it would give me a good reason to activate more often.

mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, simplicity is beautiful. I'll start keeping track as soon as bghandras plays.

IF you complete a cycle of 1 Agile, 1 Bash, 1 Hybrid, 1 Stunty while holding the belt (per Koadah's Sprint Definition of those categories) you'll put a 'Notch' in the belt. Compete for matches held, complete for 'Notches', Activate box!
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Only if the matches are fixed, the babes are beautiful, and the money is good.
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Only if the matches are fixed, the babes are beautiful, and the money is good.

Uh, well, this is FUMBBL...

The matches are random, the 'babes' are dudes, and there's no money. Still interested?

HammercatFunk

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

"FUMBBL: Where the babes are dudes" Exclamation
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

How are the youtube videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGUSskMDiDE Does Rabe sing?
paradocks

Post   Posted: May 12, 2015 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It feels most pleasing to be called a babe for the first time in my life..
 Jump to: