71 coaches online • Server time: 20:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

"lfg" Rolling Eyes
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.
Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?
Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.
Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?
MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.
GC: A cup ' COLD tea.
EI: Without milk or sugar.
TG: OR tea!
MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.
EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.
GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.
MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."
EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.
GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!
TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!
MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.
EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.
GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!
TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.
MP: Cardboard box?
TG: Aye.
MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!
GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!
TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.
EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.
ALL: Nope, nope..
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when someone was trying to teach me the game. I'm about 5'8" and 120 lbs, he's 6'4" and a spitting image of the Simpsons Comic Book Guy. I was playing rodents for the first time against a very developed chaos team (this was back when there were mutations like Very Sharp Teeth, I believe it was called). I never moved my turn counter and he called me on it every turn. Annoying.

He got real pissed when I was doing constant -2d blocks with the gutters and succeeding (and 2/3 cas!) or dodging into 2 TZ and constantly tossing 6s to get the ball and run the hell away. I got pitch cleared in the end and put the game down until I discovered the cyanide version on steam and went "ok, let's try it."

Then, after 10 disconnects in a row due to garbage internet, came here instead. I still have my +2 MA +1 AGI rat ogre over there...

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Waking up in the morning, typing "lfg" into the chat before doing anthing else.

The sheer joy when I understood that my favourite game had a great online version. The first game when a 145 TR chaos team faced my new skaven and my 4-0 victory.

Turning a 0-4 faction game into a 5-4 victory (MA9 HE blitzer yay!).

The great spirit between coaches. Making friends. Crushing friends on the pitch.

Hitting TR 300 with my Pro Elf, mostly playing bash on the way.

Learning how to not play as an elf and embracing the long fight.

So many things. I miss playing.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember watching someone make 2 gfis with a dwarf blitzer to solo foul a min/max legendary werewolf. The foul killed it, no regen. Such a beautiful kick in the balls.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:

What's stopping you and how can we help?
Roland

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
spelledaren wrote:

What's stopping you and how can we help?

word
gibby33

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the only one that remembers crying inside when we first used the current client & did a move action only to be surprised that you couldn't pass or blitz afterwards :'(

I think I lost 1 or two matches because of this.

Oh and the shenanigans involved in trying to reconnect a game in the old client. Smile
Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when there were 7 divisions.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember Faction... (and as mentioned Bill_Vestergaard)

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 23:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i remember the last i remember when thread.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember, remember, the 5th of November
The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember having more hair when I started playing here Smile

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

... I could play 4-5 games a day
PainState

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top