38 coaches online • Server time: 15:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9212942

Would you really say no?
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't Smile

I use my rats more as wracklers, but stat ups would change their dynamics for sure. There used to be an AG5 one running around in NBFL (he finally got put down thankfully), and he was devastating, more so because of MA7 than an AG5 maurader would have been.

This fear of AV7 is completely overblown in my opinion. Yes, he's the 'weak link' (gobbo aside), but usually he's not high on any list of targets, since you probably built some cpombers, and have an AG4 elf.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
http://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9212942

Would you really say no?

I wouldn't, but let's be serious. He costs the same as two clawpomber marauders. Is he a fun and cool player? Absolutely.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 17:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

oh God i agree with both Rat_Salat AND licker. Wierdly, despite being in opposition, both are talking sense.

The problem for both the assucker and the ratnegade isn't their cost, its their cos VS. Marauders are so incredibly cheap and versatile that the rat looks weak and limited and expensive. And assassins suffer from DE having so many toys. Assassins arn't terrible (just mostly terrible) but with 4 blitzers (and if you dont take 4 you are a fool) and good cheap(ish) line elves, finding space for a witch and/or runner can be difficult, let alone fitting an assassin in.

Ignoring CP and trying to stay on topic, maybe dropping DE to 2 blitzers (and giving 4 to HE) would help a bit. but even then i'd take a witch and runner and probably still ignore the assassin.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Ignoring CP and trying to stay on topic, maybe dropping DE to 2 blitzers (and giving 4 to HE) would help a bit. but even then i'd take a witch and runner and probably still ignore the assassin.

If you wanted to make assassins usable, all you would have to do is give them AV8. They would instantly become viable doing this while removing two blitzers would open up a lot of options to the DE coach. You could rule of 5 it with 2 blitzers, 2 witches, and a runner, or you could replace runner with assassin. You could run 7 positionals. Lots of options without tanking your AV too much.

0-2 Runner 7/3/4/7 Dump Off
0-2 Assassin 6/3/4/8 Stab, Shadowing
0-2 Blitzer 7/3/4/8 Block
0-2 Witch Elf 7/3/4/7 Frenzy, Jump Up, Dodge
0-16 Lineman 6/3/4/8

Giving 4 blitzers to HE would be a huge boost, but I wonder if giving them a thrower and catcher on top of that is a bit much... the Rat Salat High Elf roster change drops the blitzers entirely, but gives them a top tier catcher:

0-2 Thrower 6/3/4/8 Pass, Safe Throw
0-4 Catcher 8/3/4/7 Catch, Dodge
0-16 Lineman 6/3/4/8

Obviously this is a roster designed completely around my own preferred playstyle, but I do think it's a reasonably balanced idea, considering that it incorporates a new player that is probably the second best elf chassis after the wardancer, and probably better than the gutter runner.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2015 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I made a similar suggestion. I like it. Giving 4 blitzers to any elf roster would make that roster better than most (elf rosters).
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

In a tournament game last weekend an assassin, a tackler and a diving tackler tagged my ghoul ball carrier. Not a good situation but we blocked and blitzed two of them away. However the assassin shadowed the ghoul twice and then stabbed and ko'd him leading to ball scatter and Elf steal!