29 coaches online • Server time: 09:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
Strider84 wrote:
Arr stands for abandoned races race Smile thats the one you need to know not Aar.

Rat can you help me out why you have a dp on a 11 man woodie team as first lino skill?

And also how did you get 3 stats on 2 wardancers in 15 games?

That could really help improve my human blitzers...

Also: retireing a blodge lino with -av is nuts, really. How often will that make a difference?

A 2d block by a non tackle player will break his armor like 20% of the time. So a lot.

17.8%, so closer to 1 in 6 than 1 in 5. Comparatively, the rookie lino without -AV which replaces him has his armour broken 31.3% of the time in the same situation. Almost 1 in 3.

Obviously there are other factors (TV, SPPs going to an already injured player, frequency of remaining standing, etc), but frequency of AV break alone clearly isn't a basis to choose the rookie over the permed Blodger.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Angmarred wrote:
Strider84 wrote:
Arr stands for abandoned races race Smile thats the one you need to know not Aar.

Rat can you help me out why you have a dp on a 11 man woodie team as first lino skill?

And also how did you get 3 stats on 2 wardancers in 15 games?

That could really help improve my human blitzers...

Also: retireing a blodge lino with -av is nuts, really. How often will that make a difference?

A 2d block by a non tackle player will break his armor like 20% of the time. So a lot.

17.8%, so closer to 1 in 6 than 1 in 5. Comparatively, the rookie lino without -AV which replaces him has his armour broken 31.3% of the time in the same situation. Almost 1 in 3.

Obviously there are other factors (TV, SPPs going to an already injured player, frequency of remaining standing, etc), but frequency of AV break alone clearly isn't a basis to choose the rookie over the permed Blodger.

We haven't seen a lot of tackle/mighty blow yet, but we're now over 1400tv, and it's getting a lot more common. Now the math looks a lot worse, as in 40.1% chance of armor break on the 110tv piece. That's not good, and we already have two wardancers to screen off.

It's pretty common practice to retire -av elves, so I'm not sure why the debate.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't really debating, just pointing out that saying "he goes down 20%" was, without more context and comparison, not relevant.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
1/3 isn't exactly a miracle though.

I don't think there are any miracles in Blood Bowl. There's likely and unlikely, and as far as 1/3 goes, you're right that's actually fairly likely. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:

I'm not sure why you would expect a team that just got to 1400tv to be on a list of teams playing games above 1400tv.

Your first scoring game was vs the 'Roid Rage Babes. You have played five times since then.

There are other teams of a similar age on the list.

You are are currently 32nd on the agile list.

Rat_Salat wrote:

Relax, you've got at least 5 more games to troll.

Won't be as much fun in it if you won't be testing what I want to know. Wink

That is that it is OK for younger/low TV teams but not so good for older/higher TV teams.

I'll just assume that the lack of agile ballers on main Sprint list suggests that my opinion might still hold.

I was always going to be more interested in the 20-30 & 30-40 game reports that the 1-20.

Just trying to encourage you to keep at it. If you don't that suggests to me that my thinking was right. Twisted Evil

Come on Rat. You can do it. They're just a bunch of clumsy bashers. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there is not need for math really. Blodge AV6 woodies get depitched at a lesser rate than no skill lino with AV7.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

So, I've taken a slight interest in your black box sprint... something I knew nothing about prior to starting this team and AAR. I'm not sure this methodology is the best, as clearly participation is a heavy contributor to the scoring methodology. This is apparently the 4th best elf team over the time period, despite a 1-1-4 record and 138CR coach? Only four of the top ten teams have a winning record?

I might keep an eye on this Blackbox sprint of yours, but it's not going to be high on the list of goals. We try to win every game, and if we end up on your fancy list, great. It would seem that the primary means of earning a high rating in the agile black box sprint is simply to show up with a 1500tv elf team and play 16 games. In fact, if someone did just that, losing all 16 along the way, he'd be in second place with 16 points. Really?

Last edited by Rat_Salat on %b %11, %2015 - %19:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
[ This is apparently the 4th best elf team over the time period, despite a 1-1-4 record and 138CR coach? Only four of the top ten teams have a winning record?

Well if the #4 team had a 1-1-4 record and the coach had a CR of 178.19, would that make a difference?

You seem to have CR on the brain.

Laughing

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Only four of the top ten teams have a winning record?

Well, Yeah, that is the point of ARR. ARR are the races that have a very difficult time to achieve a winning record in the Box....That is why they are in ARR. Because meta gaming coaches do not play those races in the Box.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly couldn't care less about CR, but clearly this is a list of the most frequent players of box elves, and coaching ability doesn't really factor in to the rankings that much.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
138CR coach? Only had a CR of 178.19, would that make a difference?

You seem to have CR on the brain.

Although CR is not very meaningful to gauge coach's skill, when there is such a huge gap between two coaches' CR we can assume the 178 CR coach is better than the 138.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
koadah wrote:

So, I've taken a slight interest in your black box sprint... something I knew nothing about prior to starting this team and AAR. I'm not sure this methodology is the best, as clearly participation is a heavy contributor to the scoring methodology. This is apparently the 4th best elf team over the time period, despite a 1-1-4 record and 138CR coach? Only four of the top ten teams have a winning record?

I might keep an eye on this Blackbox sprint of yours, but it's not going to be high on the list of goals. We try to win every game, and if we end up on your fancy list, great. It would seem that the primary means of earning a high rating in the agile black box sprint is simply to show up with a 1500tv elf team and play 16 games. In fact, if someone did just that, losing all 16 along the way, he'd be in second place with 16 points. Really?

16 games is only two games a week. If you can keep your TV up. Twisted Evil

Spare a thought for the esteemed gentlemen of the HLP who have to stay over 1600. Wink

Your are 18th in The Challenge. You only need six more games to complete a Challenge Sprint. But it's not the same as proper Sprint. Eh? Wink

So, all you gotta do to win the Agile Sprint is turn up?
Well, agile boys aren't turning up.
My interest in your AAR challenge is really whether elf coaches can hack it in the Box. Other than just hugging 1350TV that is.

Edit: Last time out you needed to beat 13/0/3 to win it.
Before that 13/3/0

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

We aren't even two weeks into the Sprint. Give it time.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun threadski.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

хорошо, очень хорошо...

Jump to: