45 coaches online • Server time: 15:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

btw.. not on timely topic but all your pitch themes etc where the whole half of the pitch is imprinted over like some sort of idiotic racing grid.. Look, to my eyes, horrible. It's a horrible idea and you're all horrible people. Can't you just keep it simple? There's only so many times one can punch ones screen in design rage apoplexia.

Thanks in advance.

Red
cdwat

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

RedMaul wrote:
btw.. not on timely topic but all your pitch themes etc where the whole half of the pitch is imprinted over like some sort of idiotic racing grid.. Look, to my eyes, horrible. It's a horrible idea and you're all horrible people. Can't you just keep it simple? There's only so many times one can punch ones screen in design rage apoplexia.

Thanks in advance.

Red

You make a good point Red
I frequently turn off my opponents logo because it's just too busy.

You might like mine, it ends up with a nice subtle mown field look when overlayed on the pitch.
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=761196

(thanks to Karnov for putting it together for me)

Bio template here.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yes. I am buying tickets for that particular train ride.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember thinking that way back when I designed my (pretty old) one. Kept it to lines, limited colour palette, looked fine when I overlayed it on a pitch cutout (and had the appropriate transparency that the client itself adds). Also made sure to put a tiny bit of effort into adjusting the typography to line up properly everywhere.

I have a couple more designs in the works, but again, I think limited colour palette is key because it can get pretty busy quite quickly if you don't take care. My current one is so old, it no longer even fits the current/new pitch logo dimensions, and the slightly off centre SWL logos (on mine) bug me. But yes, to repeat, I think limited colour palette and testing how it looks on the pitch (with transparency settings) is the most important (and because of this, bold colours are good). What you see on your team bio is not what you get (for better or for worse).

It's not for everyone, but I guess that's also the beauty in personal customisation - you don't have to listen to grumpy dorf coaches Wink
cdwat

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a mockup of what it looks like in game:

Bio template here.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

well RedMaul, you must be pleased that I went for a change of logo design for ❄︎❆❅White Fluffy Stuff❅❆❄︎

limited pallet Rolling Eyes
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

lulz

It's so... festive
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this better

RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

GOOD LORD Embarassed
 Jump to: