51 coaches online • Server time: 22:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Normal skill choice
Sure Hands
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Mighty Blow
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Guard
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Pro
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Frenzy
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

xerode

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2015 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So one of the Dingoes blitzers has got a normal skill roll and I'm stuck for what to choose for him.

He's a bit of an all-rounder with Block, Dodge and +ST, and is often my back-up ball carrier for when my opponent is able to Leap into a cage, or I need to score more quickly than my MA4 Thrower would allow. I'm kinda thinking of taking Sure Hands for this, as it would stop anyone from using Leap and Strip Ball to upset my cage.

Is this the best choice or should I go with something else? My only other thoughts are:

• Mighty Blow
  • Tackle
  • Guard
  • Pro for rerolls for when I need to dodge or blitz with him to score
  • Frenzy just because it's fun
  • Catch for receiving hand-offs or moving up the pitch after kick-off
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2015 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't go wrong with Guard or Tackle. Frenzy also good if you feel confident in your coaching ability not to get him trapped. Mighty Blow might limit your opponents in ranked and I would say Pro and Catch are sub-par choices but Sure Hands would give you a decent ball carrier, especially as your thrower probably should get the boot, even with the AG boost.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2015 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like frenzy for +ST orc blitzers. You lack the claw to deal with high AV, but you'd be surprised how effective frenzy (+juggernaut) can be at removing AV9 from the game. It alsy synergizes well with blodge.
Orcs do quite well with 11 guard also, but I'd rather prioritize it on BoBs, and focus on a blitzing (surfing) role for this guy.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2015 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go frenzy too, for the reasons the_Sage mentioned.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2015 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably take SH and make him my main ball carrier. The +AG Thrower would be cool... if he wasn't MA4. He really needs a replacement, and a ST4 Blitzer with Dodge is perfect for that.

Otherwise, Guard.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2015 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'm debating wether to ditch the Thrower or not. He's not far off the next skill choice, so I think I'll wait until I see what option that gives him - if it's just a normal skill roll then he's gone and I'll get a noob Thrower.

Looks like Frenzy might be the skill I'll pick for the blitzer, but will sleep on it and decide tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!
 Jump to: