52 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tattie5

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hej,

Just a quick msg to see if there is anyone out there that would like to try some blood bowl play by mail with LRB6. I have been playing a lot with the NTBBL rules and really enjoying it but a few of us thought it could be fun to play some LRB6 (or is it CRP??)

Send me a PM if you are intrested.

For those that dont know, play by email is a way to play blood bowl at work... i mean for those that dont have time to play through a whole game in one sitting. Its really easy to use and i can set up practice games so you can try it out first.

Also i was wondering if there is any way to intergrate both play by mail and fumbbl? Could you have a league where you could update team stats and scores without actually playing a game on fumbbl. So that you could choose to play on fumbbl or by mail, or table top as well I suppose.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You could just create a page to track the results.
tattie5

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I was meaning more for if you can spp or skils could you move that over to fumbbl and play your next game on fumbbl?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

tattie5 wrote:
I was meaning more for if you can spp or skils could you move that over to fumbbl and play your next game on fumbbl?

People ask this all the time and the answer is no.

What about OBBLM? Use the BOTOCS client? If it still runs on modern java. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure Botocs doesn't run on the current java. Also NTBB....is very specialized. More likely to get some interest from the Cyanide community.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pbem-mode on fumbbl would be nice!
tattie5

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not worried about keeping track of teams and that, it was more i was meaning is there any way to add skills to a team on fumbbl without playing any games, then you could manualy update the team on the play by mail client. Not sure if that makes sense, haha. In other words can i create a team in fumbbl and add what ever i want to the team, skills, cash etc. I have no plan on trying to merge the two of them, more just curious if it could work
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

No you can't, however still I don't get you. So I'll answer your questions individually.

"it was more i was meaning is there any way to add skills to a team on fumbbl without playing any games" No you can't. However resurrection format will be available soon. Custom league format is expected to be available sometime in the future.

"then you could manualy update the team on the play by mail client." No interacting between the 2 won't be available. If you want to do that your best shout is OBBLM.

"In other words can i create a team in fumbbl and add what ever i want to the team, skills, cash etc." Not, right now no. Possibly in the future.

"I have no plan on trying to merge the two of them," but weren't you asking to do this with "then you could manualy update the team on the play by mail client."? So I'm not that clear on what you want to do. The bottom line though is that FUMBBL right now doesn't have what you need.
tattie5

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, thanks for the explination, sorry it was confusing. My thinking was that you would have everything through the play by mail. Then if you had a chance you could play a game on fumbbl and manually enter all the player details and such for a one off game (custome rosters) then when the game is finished go back to your play by mail team and maunually update you roster. So the team on fumbbl could be left without updating. So it would be two league teams playing a one off game not connected to a group on fumbbl.
i thought custome rosters were maybe available because of the NAF resurection tournys were you pick skills before the game. I still have no idea how that works but thats maybe for another topic.

The invitation for play by mail is still open though, if we get enough players we could try a small league or something.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested. Will pm tonight
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now, resurrection format is only available for official tournaments run by Purplegoo and the NAF. In the future, this format is scheduled to become available for league commissioners, then it will be available to you.

However, the HTML team sheets won't be editable (I don't think) thus you won't be able to use them in any other format.

You could use something like botocs or another client and edit the htmls with an html editor. However I have no idea whether they work with PBeM and I don't know how they edit their teams. I don't think it's difficult though.

This whole process wouldn't be easy to set up and there is a lot of work there. So it depends on how dedicated, how much time and how much worth you would get out of it, and even then it might fall down at some stage. So decide how much you want to do it, and how many people are going to be interested in direct connecting.
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure I'd like this a lot, would be even better with the idea to play on here when possible and even be able to keep track of teams ect but oh well, it isn't a deal breaker. Really I think I'd like not to play CRP but will do just because I don't want to start playing with a different rule set that ends up being more enjoyable and makes Box and other stuff on here less desirable to play because I've had a taste of the 'greener grass'.
tattie5

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a few people that seem realy intrested now so we could look at having a small league. I have made a really crapy website bloodbowlmail.weebly.com so have a look at that and try a few practice games to get the hang of the client. I was thinking to start up in september so that gives pleanty of time to try out a few games before you decide.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll look into this too Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So how does this work exactly? If Roland and I want to play a test game what do we have to do? I've read the tutoral (sic) but I'm still not sure.

We've both made a team. Do we send them to each other by mail or does only one of us need to have both teams before being able to start it?