19 coaches online • Server time: 02:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As I remember you need to have a base game before you start. Then you send each other the save. I have to ask though, is there any mileage setting up a new PBeM group when there is already a well established group already?
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there still a group active somewhere? I couldn't find one on TFF. Do we have one here?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice if it was possible to BPEM with kalimars client. With just a simple tweak, allow players to do their turn while their opponent is not there, it should be possible.

The process would be very simple, just log on to fumbbl, start the client, do your turn and log off.
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricktickler wrote:
It would be nice if it was possible to BPEM with kalimars client. With just a simple tweak, allow players to do their turn while their opponent is not there, it should be possible.

The process would be very simple, just log on to fumbbl, start the client, do your turn and log off.

I thought of this as well about a month ago, but decided it wasn't feasable or worth bringing up because of decisions coaches have to make on the opponents turn (SF, SS ect), but of course that's in the clients current state.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricktickler wrote:

With pm notification when it's your turn or for popup decisions.
Deniz87

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have never played mail by mail.
I was trying the PBeM tool. It seems to be not really "fast" as the fumbbl client but I think it is a metter of habit.

What is fascinating in playing mail by mail is that you have all the time to make your moves and there are leagues that use customized rosters.
Maybe I'll try it sometime.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

After 4 rounds against Roland, I can tell you it takes some getting used to (especially when going AFK for a vacation and then having to remember how it works when you get back).
I like it though, it DOES make you appreciate FUMBBL's client more Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
After 4 rounds against Roland, I can tell you it takes some getting used to (especially when going AFK for a vacation and then having to remember how it works when you get back).
I like it though, it DOES make you appreciate FUMBBL's client more Smile

Indeed, the automation in Kalimars client makes the game so smooth. With the PbEM tool I have to think lol Very Happy

However, the slow pace of PbEM suits my current RL better.
tattie5

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you not alter the client on here so that when one coach disconects you can still play until the opponent has to make a choice or its there turn. Then the other coach can open the game and carry on without the opponent being online.

Also i am hoping to start the play by mail league in september so there is still time to sign up.
Http://bloodbowlmail.weebly.com
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I also suggest anyone wanting to join, to try a game (or two or more?) first because it takes some getting used to.

Most mechanics seem good enough to play but I don't think the entire Block/Follow-up order works as they should. Most of it can be solved by playing honorable (follow up even when you don't want to once you know the knocked down player is removed from the field or not) but I think it goes awry with scattered balls added to the mix.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh it takes a bit of getting used to, i have to check the rule book sometimes still. I always thought you rolled the block dice if you get a pow you push them back, decide if you are following up then roll armour injury roll. Thats the way i do it. I must say i am still not sure how the scatter works. If i push someone on to the ball, should it scatter before i decide to follow up? I usually scater after i have decided if i will follow up. I checked the rule book but was not quite sure what it meant.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I agree with the blocking part. That's how FUMBBL handles it too.
Scatter should work like you say it does (again, FUMBBL does it the same way) but I haven't managed to do it like that with the PbEM client. I don't think you can move once you have moved the opponent into the square with the ball. I'll try that in a test game.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

When you out the opponent on the ball it asks for a pick up roll. If you just close that box he will hold the ball, then falliw up and then scatter from the opponent or roll armour and injury and the ball scatters
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

oh you can just scatter the ball with a command? That would indeed solve it. Tnx!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
oh you can just scatter the ball with a command? That would indeed solve it. Tnx!

You can do just about anything manually in the client so you can always solve any situation.

That being said pbem does not compare to fumbbl in terms of speed and smoothness but is you don't want to allocate 1,5 hours to bloodbowl to often pbem is a great option.
 Jump to: