34 coaches online • Server time: 03:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Before you could create stunty teams in the [L]eague division. Setting up tournaments with mates etc.

However, this seems to be impossible now.

What happened here, and what's the thinking? Plans for opening that back up?

Sorry, couldn't find anything about this, but realize this has probably been explained before.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The decision, I believe, was that the Stunty player base was too small to support L draining players from S.

Don't hold me to that, but I think that was the basis of the decision.

As I've heard it there won't be a move back the other way, though of course with custom L you can do whatever you want Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't that the feature was taken away, it was just never added when the site was revamped. IIRC League and Stunty went CRP at different times.

One of the biggest problems is that Stunty uses some custom rules, Secret Weapon rolls are different. Which means a lot of teams would be off kilter if they were added to League.

I think to do so, would take some work from Christer and Whatball, and as there are problems (probably more we don't know about) without a suitable fix, it was never done.

On top of this, Stunty now has official tournaments, so you cannot play a pen and paper League in the Stunty division either; meta groups only.

This said, I did notice that the French group had rather ingeniously used the Test division to run a Stunty League. So if anybody else wanted to run one, and do their own site script, I would encourage using the Test Division. This way you can choose your own custom rules to mitigate the SW rolls and you could even add some CRP teams too. All Lizardman Skink team maybe?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I see.

All sensible reasons there.

Too bad, but I guess if you're diligent with the book keeping you can run a league in [S]tunty as well?

SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can't run your own league within [S]tunty because the official tournaments make it a competitive division, liked [R]anked.

It seems that Harvestmouse is saying you can make stunty teams with the [t]est division though? and have a league that way if I understand him correctly.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

No, there are specifically no leagues allowed in S. Metagroups yes, but not leagues.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Roger that.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SirIndigo wrote:
I think you can't run your own league within [S]tunty because the official tournaments make it a competitive division, liked [R]anked.

It seems that Harvestmouse is saying you can make stunty teams with the [t]est division though? and have a league that way if I understand him correctly.

I think I'm half asleep, not much I am typing is making sense. Yes, that is what I am saying (about the Test division).

Stunty League isn't a competitive division as such (there are no ranking points). However yes due to official tournaments, it isn't a free division like League.

Defo no back to back games. The 1/10 rule isn't run as such, but you can't play in a closed group. So no Leagues.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %15, %2015 - %10:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone interested in a PBeM stunty leeg league?
just some coding needed.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
SirIndigo wrote:

I think I'm half asleep, not much I am typing is making sense. Yes, that is what I am saying.

Alright, who wants to join a league on test division where you all have stunty leeg teams and I use dwarfs?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
On top of this, Stunty now has official tournaments, so you cannot play a pen and paper League in the Stunty division either; meta groups only.

Implying that teams developed in a league scenario cannot partake in official tourneys? I hear ya.

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

SirIndigo wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
SirIndigo wrote:

I think I'm half asleep, not much I am typing is making sense. Yes, that is what I am saying.

Alright, who wants to join a league on test division where you all have stunty leeg teams and I use dwarfs?

It kinda happened, ask Balle2000 about it (if he remembers).

Balle2000 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Implying that teams developed in a league scenario cannot partake in official tourneys? I hear ya.

Would that benefit League though? One of the great things about League is that it gives you the freedom to do what you want for your League to run perfectly. So allowing controlled games to get teams up and running for example.

Would you like that sort of freedom removed so that they could do official tournaments? I know I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I think the teams in the top Leagues, have been built and player much fairer than either of the 2 competitive division teams.

harvestmouse wrote:
Defo no back to back games. The 1/10 rule isn't run as such.

Actually thinking about it, I wouldn't quote me on this. We used to have a table, of what you could and couldn't do in each division. So back to back no, 1/10 yes.

So I guess that's the hard rule, but it's really down to whatball. I'm not sure staff make any rulings on Stunty (it just never comes up).

Basically if you played back to back by mistake (i.e. there was 6 months difference or something) then I don't think it's a problem. Basically it's a don't be a douchecanoe and try to abuse the division. We have official tourneys there, so no building or anything that could be construed as building, which a closed group could be.
SirIndigo

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What would need to happen to smoothly run a stunty leeg league using the test division?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You'd need to either schedule and score manually, or with some sort of script. And you'd have to house rule Secret Weapons, as they'd get sent off rather than having penalty rolls (for example, you could change a lino into a SW after one gets sent off, using IRC to roll the penalty rolls).

However, on the plus side, it'd be easier to (sort of) use the Leeg specific inducement costs by adding cash. Or at least, I seem to recall that adding cash is one of the things you can do in test games. I could be wrong.

Last edited by xnoelx on %b %15, %2015 - %11:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

*Well firstly you'd have to make a group page.
*Then I think you can add FT teams to a group page.
*You'd then need to use an off site scheduler. Basically you need to make a schedule that is fair. There are plenty of league makers that do this. Then add the schedule to your group (again you'd need to workout the coding or get somebody to do this).
*Keep a table (again you'd have to do the coding).
*Workout what you're going to do about the Secret Weapons. In Stunty each SW has a custom ban roll. However in CRP they're not. So, SWs are far inferior in CRP. You'll need to think of a way of making these teams more competitive.
*Decide if you want to add any other teams. 0-4 Ogre Ogre team? Goblins, Halflings? Just skink lizardmen? Limited Underworld? I think that's a good opportunity personally.
 Jump to: