38 coaches online • Server time: 18:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
North Americans, will you join that league?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Im not North American
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

Mazzix

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings.

Parallely (is that a word) with the Canadian BBL, I would like to create a North American BBL, the NABBL.

again, before creating that league, I want to begin by asking if there are any coaches that are interested into joining that league.

So I will create a group after the weekend if there are enough coaches interested (8 minimum).

So, are there any american coaches interested by this league?!?!

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mazzix - How 'bout the USBBL. United States Blood Bowl League since NABBL would include the Canadians which you already have in the CBBL.

I would love to help out and add input on format etc. I run the WWB and COSM leagues and thus know what works and MORE IMORTANTLY what doesn't work.

PM me if you like and we can chat. I also suggest contacting Lurking_Grue who is my favorite website Guru. He runs the Sinners & Saints league and can build almost anything on a website.

Mully

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... Lurking_Guru. Could be a new handle.

I'd be interested in joining.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

USBBL is a very good idea. I wouldnt be the one running it, since im canadian, but those 2 leagues could exist at the same time and make tourneys together sometimes.

The main idea behind the NABBL for me was that if I wasnt able to find enough Canadian coaches, I was sure to find a lot of NA coaches. But having the 2 leagues at the same time would be a good idea.

An other idea could be to go only with the NABBL, and use 4 divisions: Canada West, Canada East, USWest, USEast.

Anyway, please continue with your comments ppl, this weekend will most probably set things up for the creation of some american leagues next week!!! Smile

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the Professional US Bloodbowl League PUSBBL
Play every year in the Professional US Bowl

Cool! I want to win the PUS bowl!!!
heheheheh
Mac

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mazzix - if you get enough US interest I'll try and run the US league. Then we can talk jointly about US vs Can tourneys.

I suggest throwing up a news item on the FUMBBL homepage. That's where this idea will get the most players.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I could be tempted to remake the Odd'a'waaagh Ruff Riderz for this league.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
CFL

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes i would be very interested in joining an North American league, mostly because its hard to hook up with the euro peeps to play a league match...
sportsguy

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be infinitely easier to find a time to play league games if there isn't a 7 hour+ time difference between coaches's home time zones. Count me in.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For now, the NABBL is the best alternative imo, making a canadian and a us division.

Canadian BB League is getting less interest, as I tought.

Presently, I see the group more like the NHL hockey league. Lots of us teams and some canadians. I think it will be the way I will do it.

Also, up for now, i'm thinking about beginning the league with only 100tr teams, to represent the lack of experience of the new teams joining the league. For the league play, a roundrobin will probably be the best idea, followed by a KO tourney for the finals.

But first thing first. The interest is there, obviously, so I will most probably go with a NABBL, splitting the league in 2 divisions (West and East) to help even more for the time zones.

Keep posting your comments ppl.

Mully, I will be glad to have your help with this league. I look forward to have a chat with you about the league.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definitely game... its a lot easier to play games when you're in the same country... less driving to do.

Z
Mazzix

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm, with the US Challenge coming up, I think I will simply go for the Canadian BB League guys. The NABBL will probably lauch this fall, unless I get a lot of post asking for the NABBL.

For the Canadians (but also americans that want to fit into a Canadian themed league), go check the Canadian BB League. Inscriptions will start tomorrow probably.

Jump to: