51 coaches online • Server time: 16:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can tell, turnovers in this case happen when

"7. A player with the ball is thrown or is attempted to be thrown using Throw Team-Mate and fails to land successfully (including being eaten or squirming free from an Always Hungry roll)"

"3. A player from the moving team attempts to pick up the ball and fails (...)"

"Players that move into the square with the ball at other times (e.g. when pushed back, thrown by another player with Throw Team-Mate, etc) cannot pick up the ball, and instead it will bounce one square. This does not cause a turnover."

My emphasis, CRP p7 and p8.

In this game

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=report&id=3709131

Turn 1/1 2nd half, the 'fling was flung, sconned their ball carrier, correctly rolled their armour, scattered the ball, and then the 'fling, but he landed on the scattered ball and it ended my turn. That's clearly not right.

I suspect it's because he was knocked out while in the same square as the ball, before it scattered again, and the client assumed he'd been carrying it when it made the scatter roll and so ended the turn. Not that it would have helped a lot, but it's a wee bit annoying when shelling their ball carrier is supposed to be about the safest action to start your turns with. For everyone but the shell, at least. Smile
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 09:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm he didnt roll for landing either. Very strange. Maybe check the bug reports and if its not there then make a new one.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
Hmm he didnt roll for landing either. Very strange. Maybe check the bug reports and if its not there then make a new one.

I'm surprised you even can watch it. To me the game server is completely shut down.
Kam

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's happened to me before. I'm pretty sure I have reported it.

EDIT - Ah yeah, you found it first. Smile

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=2112

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, I've just seen a funny variant: throw a fling onto the ball carrier, then bounce on the loose ball. It also causes a TO.

Jump to: