11 coaches online • Server time: 06:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bram

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2015 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
That you also see it on elf throwers is just silly though, but hey, that you see elf throwers in the first place is silly Smile

What's wrong with a high elf thrower? He comes with safe throw, making interceptions - the big weakness of passing - very unlikely! Playing high elfs without a thrower seems to me like not capitalizing on your team's strength...
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, you land on the one elf thrower I don't hate. Take your high elf thrower for that team, skip them on all other elf teams.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

At least the Pro Elf thrower is only 10k more than the lineman, so you are getting a skill and access to a set of skills for a discount. The wood elf thrower doesn't seem like it's worth the money as it is priced the same as a catcher. Most of the time I'd rather have the catcher.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

All elf throwers have this issue that they need block, dodge, sure hands and maybe even accurate and strong arm/side step/fend before leader becomes even remotely viable skill choice.

Kick is relevant to all elf teams. You see this often.

Kick-off return is not relevant as MA6 and ag4 usually doesn't result in issues with reaching the ball.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've started taking a liking to even fielding two throwers on my pro-elfs. If my team manages to steal the ball it's handy to have a skill reroll ready to get the ball to safety. Other than that, they're just linemen.

(I did skill one as a thrower though; incredibly overpriced by now, but I find it has it's uses for saving rerolls and trying oneturn scores).
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

shadowing....bloodbowl's best kept secret