14 coaches online • Server time: 04:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
westerner

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm creating a new undead team. I came across an idea that since Ghouls are fragile, it may make sense to forgo them and use the money saved on replacements to rent Count Drakenborg on a semi-regular basis.

My vision is to develop the wights as "runners" with sure hands and tackle, zombies with DP, and mummies with bashing skills. Playing a running game backed up by mummy bashing and surgical fouls.

Is this a good long term team strategy?

Thanks

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's not

Ghouls die, but Ghouls are still really good players.

The strength of the undead is that they have 2 big guys (that can use rerolls), 2 good blitzers, and 4 fast players with dodge.
Just counting on the count would make the team ridiculous unless you are playing a theme.

After a while your undead team will get a lot of money and you can still get the count whenever you want.

grtz
Kwèk

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

works very good if you ask me. this is one of the most succesful smack teams:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=317407
of course you need a high ff for that
Zonker

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

kwèk wrote:
No, it's not

Ghouls die, but Ghouls are still really good players.

The strength of the undead is that they have 2 big guys (that can use rerolls), 2 good blitzers, and 4 fast players with dodge.
Just counting on the count would make the team ridiculous unless you are playing a theme.

After a while your undead team will get a lot of money and you can still get the count whenever you want.

grtz
Kwèk

Ya, what he said!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Play without Mummies or Wights ... sure, you lose alot, and the players die, but apart from that, it's fun Razz

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=475365
Zonker

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

JackDaniels wrote:
works very good if you ask me. this is one of the most succesful smack teams:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=317407
of course you need a high ff for that

Jack, I think you need to distribute some of this BB mojo to the rest of us. It's indecent that any one coach should be allowed to win this many tournaments! Wink
Plorg

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The plan works for me, but you probably knew that already.
Count_Von_Halseburg

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the only real benefit is that you are forced to score with other players so the zombies will skill up faster... it would be more of a viable option if Undead were able to take 4 Wights but alas no... itll be a tough road though...
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one of those teams aswell: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=302544

It works quite well for winning smacks as you can save your cash for that. But when you go for win% it is not a good choice as when your wights are out you have no players that can pick up the ball.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah this is the show your undead thread? Here are mine. Wink

SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2008 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If you plan on playing in lots of smacks then going with the count is a good option. If you arent going to make the smacks then dont since you'll struggle to find someone to be the "fall guy" who plays vs the count. If you chose to go with the count then I'd still get one or two ghouls as regular runners, use the whites as blitzers and backup runners. When you have the count they should be able to get at the ball after the count hypnogazes.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Ah this is the show your undead thread? Here are mine. Wink

You have ghouls, that is no fair Wink

btw, Jacks team used to have a couple aswell.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghoul rhymes with cool. That's enough evidence you WILL ever need. Buy 6.
Juff

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I use ghouls sparingly on undead teams - they are the best gratuitous blitz target by far. Fastest, most agile player on the team, with less AV than everyone else and no regen! SQUISH

Depending on opposing setup, I field one or two ghouls on my ud team. Any more than that, and they start taking hits where I can't shield them all with zombies.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2008 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm kinda thinking that ghouls need exactly 2 skills: Block and dirty player. The zombies are far too slow to reach targets, so having a couple of ghouls to do the job and get to the safety of the dugout thanks to the ref might be worth a try. Unfortunately the only ghoul I could afford on my necro team so far rolled +AG and a double, so I couldn't really assign that job to him.
 Jump to: