91 coaches online • Server time: 22:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the yearbook page, especially with coaches who fill out descriptions, past glories, etc with their players. Unfortunately unless I am missing some link, there isn't a way to view all the past players like that. Think it would be great to have an expanded past players list in the same style as the Yearbook to see the history of a team.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Would this work with teams that have played 1000s of games? We'd be looking at a lot of players, very few of which would be notable. Or maybe it would only include those with a bio?
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2015 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Would this work with teams that have played 1000s of games? We'd be looking at a lot of players, very few of which would be notable. Or maybe it would only include those with a bio?

I'd think it would prune players without bios (or pics) or at least a few levels gained.
babass

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

this team would need a dedicated serveur to host its yearbook
Kam

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

That could be easily solved by only showing the players with a non-empty bio.

I kinda like the idea actually.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of a yearbook how about a voluntary 'Hall of Fame for' each team. When a player is killed or retired a coach can opt to add them to a Hall of Fame. You get say 10-15 Hall of Fame slots and can add any player from the previous 10 lost to it.

This would allow coaches to immortalize the best players they've had play for them without it being an endless list.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Aussiown wrote:
Instead of a yearbook how about a voluntary 'Hall of Fame for' each team. When a player is killed or retired a coach can opt to add them to a Hall of Fame. You get say 10-15 Hall of Fame slots and can add any player from the previous 10 lost to it.

This would allow coaches to immortalize the best players they've had play for them without it being an endless list.

This is a great suggestion. I already do that with my team bios, but this would be a more direct / accessible was of doing it.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I like both ideas. That kind of Hall of Fame would be great!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hall o fame is a grate idea
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2015 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

hall of fame sounds like a great idea. Make it 16 (so it's the same size as a max roster).

If you go over 16, you have to pick the top 16 to show on the list.