36 coaches online • Server time: 13:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we have a league to experiment with our own ideas for team rosters?
Yes, I've got a few ideas
37%
 37%  [ 35 ]
Yes, I'm interested in testing out other people's ideas
29%
 29%  [ 28 ]
No, I have Metathesiophobia
32%
 32%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 94

Pardus

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically my idea is to make a ("home made" [HM]) league where we have the basic rosters and then we have our ideas for tweaking current and experiemtal teams.
kaan

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

what the hell is Metawhatever ??? Shocked

kaan Wink
veron

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, can't find any reason why there couldn't be a league like that. No one is forced to join, and you can also opt your team out of ranking if you think your Kermit team might not be up for it against a Bloodthirster team.

Bring it on!
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you need a league to test out html rosters?
Why not just form a group, get some of those rosters off bb-net then play away, that way you dont have to worry about ranking n stuff, but can get a reasonable idea of how teams develop,.........Can i use a bloodthirster Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I could make a Space Marine team!
Pardus

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking a little less radical to start with, maybe just tweaking current rosters. ya know dropping ogre and adding another 2 blitzers to dwarves, simple stuff like that. basically play test ideas, and maybe get things changed in october that we'd like to see changed.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

what the hell is Metawhatever ???

The great thing about my Boss, is that he keeps an unabridged dictionary in the office for no apparent reason. But it is useful in this case. I couldn't find "Metathesiophobia" in it, but I did find metathesis. So I asssume that Metathesiophobia is: the fear of metathesis.

The definition of Metathesis.

The dictionary wrote:
mē·tath΄ē·sis, n. ; pl. mē·tath΄ē·sēs, [LL.,from Gr. metathesis, transposition, a going over, from metatithenai, to pot over, transpose; meta, over and tithenai, to place.] transposition or interchange; specifically, (a) the transposition of letters or sounds in a word, or the result of this; as, clasp developed from Middle English clapse by metathesis; (b) in chemistry, the interchange of elements or radicals between compounds, as when two compounds react with each other to form new compounds.

Also I looked in Encarta and Encarta also recommends that you look up double decomposition for the chemical definition. Having done that it says the same as (b).

Asperon Thorn
Pardus

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Metathesiophobia - The Fear of Changes
Garax

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2003 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there should be a no-aging league, like a super progression league where you'd probably have to opt out of ranking, but it'd be the most fun EVER. Lots of scarily hard teams and if it started now then it'd be cool cos everyone could start with TR 100 and work their way up until they have stupidly good team. Anyone agree? Or am I just insane.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2003 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garax wrote:
I think there should be a no-aging league, like a super progression league where you'd probably have to opt out of ranking, but it'd be the most fun EVER. Lots of scarily hard teams and if it started now then it'd be cool cos everyone could start with TR 100 and work their way up until they have stupidly good team.

There is......its called the OLBBL........think they still use third edition or something, but the idea of uber teams doesnt really apeal to me Evil or Very Mad
However, roster tweaking could be fun. But the likelyhood of getting them permanently changed would be low(unless you have a really good one)
As for the Ogre/Blitzer/Dwarf team thing, I'd rather see a Deathroller instead of an Ogre Twisted Evil
Pardus

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2003 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

that's why i wanna test this stuff out
AlphaX

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should there be another division? Christer has enough to do with the ones which are already in place.

I vote no, not for any fear - but because everyone who makes Fumbbl.com doesn't need to work harder to cover new areas... Besides, why should you get a division to play 4 dwarf blitzer without aging - when others cannot get a 4th team in open? Sure aging sucks. Trying to get games in stunty leeg sucks harder.

also, Zy-Nox got it right - just make a group and do the changes with self edited rosters.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Welllll, just so you know, it's really really easy to add another division, there is like 5 minutes of work involved and after that things run themselves. So it's not like it's going to create any extra work for us.

The Finishing Touch
Malthor

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Welllll, just so you know, it's really really easy to add another division, there is like 5 minutes of work involved and after that things run themselves. So it's not like it's going to create any extra work for us.
So Mr-Klipp,

What are the chances of some other divisions then? Eg 'Hardcore' where people don't cry because you foul them more than once? Heck, I would love extra divisions just for more games!

Personally though, I would rather there be an extra 2 slots for each coach in the Open division than an extra one.

still disliked all round!
Pardus

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

eh? who said anything about no aging???

i'm talking about testing out rosters and getting rid of problems, cause fumbbl is the absolute best place for testing stuff like this...
 Jump to: