20 coaches online • Server time: 08:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
People are less likely to redraft rock teams due to the difficulty in getting one back ever.

Only people using rock teams as cuddle blankets would think like this Wink
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

We would like to cuddle you again sometime.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel that a larger part of it is the life of a team. Paper is usually a team with a short life. Rock is long play mode. You play a paper team, burn it out, swap to a rock team. Take a long time to get to the same place where the team is burnt out needing a rebuild. Also because it takes a long time to build up, and because you can't come back to a team that you've parked, you're more likely to hold on to that team for a longer period.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

A good point. I wonder what the average lifespans of various races are.

The average Woodie team, Nurgle team etc.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
I feel that a larger part of it is the life of a team. Paper is usually a team with a short life. Rock is long play mode. You play a paper team, burn it out, swap to a rock team. Take a long time to get to the same place where the team is burnt out needing a rebuild. Also because it takes a long time to build up, and because you can't come back to a team that you've parked, you're more likely to hold on to that team for a longer period.

Ask eganra, Symm and Smegish about that one.

You're right to some extent in that there is more consistency for rock teams. Paper teams will natural have low points where they struggle to field a team and win games, but equally should have periods of dominance as seen in the past. These changes should go a little towards restoring that ability.

As for people holding onto rock teams, let's see - it was never an issue in the past. The SWLadmin team as always will monitor the situation.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This ruleset can certainly starve coaches of treasuries at times, especially if your linemen are 60-70k. I support this change of rules. My only eyebrow raise was Pact being a scissor side. I would have thought either rock or dynamite. They have 3 starting MB and their linemen have access to the killstack. Not that I am particularly bothered.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

That's of course assuming Rock is the preferred style of play.

Personally I got the C*A*S until they achieve a place on that HOF page Razz . But after that it will be either Paper or Dynamite probably...

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There are many factors which can affect a team's lifespan, the coach may find themselves stuck in a rut with the current team and feel a change will improve the situation.
A game can go toatally wrong and the team find it self in a downward spiral, where they no longer are competitive and it becomes increasingly difficult to replace players.
So i wouldn't get too worried about coaches holding onto races making them unavailable to others.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Would not be surprised if lizards have the longest average lifespan, but that may be in some small part due to one fairly large outlier.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Rock is long play mode. You play a paper team, burn it out, swap to a rock team. Take a long time to get to the same place where the team is burnt out needing a rebuild.

Needing a rebuild isn't necessarily the same as "burn out and swap to rock" however. Given a balanced environment.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The comment was intended to highlight that the lifespan of a rock team tends to be longer & that's part of the reason for less churn. SWL has never been a balanced environment.

Tomay: Eganra & Smegish have rebuilt, but I feel like the teams would have been in better shape from a reset. Getting to pick games (your favourite M.O.) in the trial and build a more balanced team in regionals. Continuing their team's legacy was probably the main driver in not doing so (and a damn good one).
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I like seeing all the slightly whacky imbalanced teams with great legacy hobbling about.

Gives us all something to cheer for!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well, well I have to say that this is all getting pretty interesting.

Premier is one hell of a race at the moment, it is hard to work out but I think there are 7 sides in contention at the moment with 5 games to go. I would love to see Gumpsh win with the Necro, though I think it is all too close to call.

Redgums conference has been decided, with jevouse now securing his spot along with me in next seasons premier league. That should be fun, I have a feeling next year's prem will be elf-tastic.

Blue Green Envy is super close as well. Sentinals & Skinks would be the favouites and they play each other last round, with Greenstars and Blockers in the mix who also play against each other. Should make for a good finish, I'd love to see the Blockers and Sentinals qualify, though really I think the skinks are a red hot favourite.

The final conference is as close as the rest... which is saying something. Jesters, misery, mayhem, & mania are all in the mix, a huge round 6 game is to come between Jesters and Mayhem with the winner being almost certainly to advance... unless the draw pops up that is!

So c'mon, lets cheer on those less successful races, it looks like Prem could be packed full of them. And as always boo Nurgle, or any claw related side.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Barre

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw is fine, it's the POMB spam we need to boo Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I never spammed it.
 Jump to: