66 coaches online • Server time: 20:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

gnomes are inventive people. how about a robo-gnome idea? golem like or something.

gnomobot - 4 4 2 9 - standfirm, mightyblow, block, ironman (100k)

and how about a superbomber? to make those longbomb err... bombs land on the mark?

bombjack - 6 2 5 7 - pass, safethrow, accurate, bombs, blunderbuss (90k)
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2004 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... The idea was to make them unique and fluffy, not powergaming monstrosities like the official BB Stars. Almost all of the stars have skills that are either normally unavailable to them or are doubles rolls (Nurgling Star). I agree that the Pygmy star is weak, but the pygmy roster is powerful and the Eagle Warrior should (of had) have a Strength of 1. Similar reasoning applies to the Nurlge Star.

I'm a little suprised you'd say "Preferably unusal combinations so they don't end up as typical players of their teams.", as it's impossible to develop the following stars from my list: Logan (Wild Animal & Frenzy), Jonstuarght (Leader, No Hands, HG), Weevol Knievel (Pro, Bombs, Leap), Steef Ozztin (Chainsaw, Pogo, AV8), Zohnik (Spikes), Minixorus (Mighty Blow), Fuhlee (Strong Arm), Gumlig (Tentacles, Poison Dagger), Jack Lunden (Fangs). So that leaves Smolpox (Foul Appearance) as the only Star that players could create on their own.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2004 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, as happy as I am to have new stars I much preferred Evo's suggestions. It seems the new stars haven't been given a lot of thought.

Just my two pence

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2004 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I don't see how putting stakes or spikes on a standard stunty creates anything uniquely fluffy or fun. They don't play differently. Secret weapons is of course always a nice add-on on to a team with lots of potential for good or disastrous plays. I like some of the players like the snotling for example, because he contributes to the team in some way. Most of the blitzer types are pretty worthless as you usually don't want to waste your multiple block, tackle big guy attack to get a st 2 frenzy blitz without block or tackle.

What kind of pricetags are you thinking of here? The non-secret weapon players aren't close to the value of a wizard and if you price them at 20-30K they will get picked in more or less every game and at least I don't see constant star appearance as something positive.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2004 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the major points in having stars (little hiden clue there) is to have something to spend that money on. Like previously there was nothing to do with those big piles of money on couple teams if you got somewhat lucky and your BG's kept alive.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2004 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
One of the major points in having stars (little hiden clue there) is to have something to spend that money on. Like previously there was nothing to do with those big piles of money on couple teams if you got somewhat lucky and your BG's kept alive.

When will you introduce new stunty stars ?
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well ... u can get unique stars, but if u dont price them accordingly with the other stars that u say are powergaming monstrosities, then whats to make ppl use them less for the new stars??? i somehow dont consider much fun having bought a one game fluffy lots of wacky skills fun star player just to see it and ur team squished by morg'n'thorg and friends.

anyway... here's another approach at a gnome star ... cuz they need a good one.

*** Homing Device - 10 1 3 6 right stuff, dodge, stunty, sprint, no hands, bombs. (60k)

The beauty of this machine is that it runs to the target like a missile, then fumbles a bomb ("explodes") where he stands, blasting everyone in its radius!! ehhehe ... i can see now a thing that moves with incredible speed from across the field for some BOOM Action.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i like it, but wont in anyway help gnomes, gnomes need somthing to deal with bigguys, the slayers jus get bashed around to easy, and the deathroller gets hit and is out within 2 turns, they defo need a bigguy or ifnot somone with dless, otherwise other teams with there stronger bigguys and more speed will run riot

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

Most stunty races don't need cash sinks, they struggle to keep a full roster at higher TR. The only teams that do have the spare cash are those teams that don't even need the help (snotlings, nurglings, goblins to a lesser extent, but they have so many star player options including big guys).

The star player for strigoyan is a joke. 25k for a av7 thick skull thrall? And the fairy star is useless, i can get 12 players with jump up already, and 6 with ma8. Why would I want a ma8 jump up str 1 ag4 stunty with no hands?? Plus the poor thing is av 4.....

Oh, and a ag2 dp chainsaw goblin isnt exactly class either. These stars are too expensive and half of them are less useful than buying a normal stunty sorry. Sad
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Personaly I like the idea of just finding a few existing players who are really cool and fall into the star player value range for gobbos and some big guys that fall into the value range for big guy star players. You can even do up pretty cards of existing players like this...

I still have the blank template if anyone wants it. Considering the lack of real star player cards for anything you guys develop, these would be fun & fluffy Smile

EDIT: I'm not suggesting Mr. Hendrix as a stunty star. He's an [R] gobbo.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what you get. If you dont like what you have, dont use em. If you dont have money for stars and think its better to buy basic players, do so. If you have need to whine about these, go ahead, do so. Current stars are all more or less your own creations in this and another threads.

In this period Ive looked over stunty the surest things in stunty is; 1) everybody has opinion 2) everybody wants to see his/her idea, no matter how classy it is 3) when you get what you asked, youll be whining couple weeks how crappy things are. Thats how it is and Im not gonna let it bother me much.

Things that might or might not happen in stunty in next half year: some stars will get enough of your attitude and leave, some stars might get enough of your whining and join the rosters. There might be sudden loud *pop* sound in distance and new race or two might end up into stunty. Sudden *pop* might happen and there might or might not be discussion about goblin and halfling rosters changin on stunty only to allow them to differ from ranked and dx-rosters. Loud *bigbadaboom* might happen and number of stunty races might just vanish. Hugely loud *pop* might happen and Gods of BB might erase whole stunty leeg. These are the prophets that may or may not happen, you have been warned.
albator2001

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it is a good job !

It is the beginning. Changes can appear in the future.

Stunty is for the fun.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job with the Stunty league.

I think almost all that play there enjoy it's wild and wacky ways possibly more then [R] as the game can be so damn funny.

Many perhaps do not post on the forums, or in threads such as this, but love the set-up and appreciate the work put in.

Meanwhile, here is a silly idea for a Star player for everyone to have a laugh at ... you never know, it may even happen !

Snotling Centaur - 4 2 2 6 - Stunty, Dodge, Sprint, Sure Feet, Regenerate
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to just prevent all stunty teams from hiring stars? That would solve the balance issue without having to put hardly any thought in at all. Having stars is nice and fluffy and all but i think the bottom line for most people is just to get ripper bolgort out of stunty tourneys. It could just be a temporary measure until stars could be made for all teams that would balance things out more but it would be great if we could just get rid of all stars until everyone had them.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... I sure like the idea of peikkos last pop!

I was just providing a suggestion. I have to admit I don't really care that much about stunty leeg. Thought it was a lot better before the recent increases in race selection,.